6th December 2010, 17:12
Guru di guru-guru Ingeris
Worksheet: Active and Passive Voices 2
REVIEW: Passive Voice
I. Change from active to passive...IF POSSIBLE. If you can’t change it, put “NC” for No Change.
1. The mechanic is repairing my car right now.
2. The Colonel will inspect our room tomorrow
3. Farmers grow corn in Iowa.
4. I am very sleepy right now.
5. They have already repaired your car.
6. A thief has stolen the Queen’s diamonds!
7. Someone built the Empire State Building in the 1920’s.
8. They were building that house when a storm destroyed it.
9. Shakespeare wrote “Romeo and Juliet” in 1598.
10. The British defeated Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo.
11. New York City was one of the early capitals of the United States.
12. Dr. Carter discovered King Tut’s tomb in 1928.
13. The vice-principal has already punished the boys.
14. The newspapers are publishing that story without any confirmation.
15. The supervisor will correct the tests.
16. He will receive his to diploma next month.
17. My mother sent me a box of cookies.
Change these from passive to active.
18. This report was written by the best student in our class.
19. The test schedule has already been posted by school's director.
20. A new law is being passed in California to prevent smoking in public places.
21. Two students will be honored tomorrow by the governor of our province.
22. The accident had been caused by a drunken driver.
23. Your flight has been canceled.
24. The computer will be repaired tomorrow.
25. The Titanic was struck by an iceberg and sunk on its maiden voyage.
II. Change the following from active to passive, IF POSSIBLE.
1. Ms. Anderson was teaching this class last week.
2. My mother had already prepared lunch when the neighbors invited us over to eat.
3. I feel happy when the weather is nice.
4. They will hold the next championship game in Los Angeles.
5. You can locate Naples on the western coast of Italy, south of Rome.
6. Enemy troops have shot down the President’s plane.
7. Did your mother write this check?
8. No, my mother didn’t write this check.
9. Is the school nurse giving the next health class?
10. The school nurse is not giving the next health class.
11. Have the loyalist troops liberated the capital yet?
12. They have not liberated the capital yet.
13. Do they give the book test every month?
14. No, they don’t give the book test every month.
15. I have already written your next test.
16. The United Nations is helping the people in Somalia.
17. I sing constantly when I’m happy.
18. We are preparing your next test right now.
19. They have punished him many times.
20. Somebody shot him three times in the head.
21. People grow mushrooms in the dark.
22. I am sad because this is very difficult.
23. The policeman give my brother a ticket for speeding.
24. The judge gave the thief a 20-year sentence.
25. Didn’t the judge give the thief a 20-year sentence?
26. While they were building the tower, a strong storm blew it down.
27. Somebody robbed Bangkok Bank last night.
28. I have finally finished this exercise!
29. Sorry, but you have not finished this exercise.
30. The teacher has created more sentences for you.
31. People were already living in America when Columbus “discovered” it.
32. President Kennedy was visiting Dallas in 1963 when someone assassinated him.
33. The test will include a lot of passive voice sentences.
6th December 2010 17:12