1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help 250 THB are being deducted - but not paid!!

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Clown, 11 Jul 2016.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Would be nice if the employer would make tax payments. As getting a tax refund has been child's play (for my wife who handles a multinational corporation's taxes)

Don't like this -would rather pay the estimated tax myself and eat the 30 THB bank fee...

Q: have you ever encountered a school making tax payments for foreign employees? Me neither!

2. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

One of our ASS directors was trying to rip us off and already started to deduct exactly 250 baht from my salary and mumbling something about a percentage??

No, not with me were my first thoughts and I was right.

That had an abrupt end when I showed him my last tax declaration and the tax "issue" was off the table.

Please tell them that you'll have to make your tax declaration by the end of the year not later than March.

Some of them are just trying it and I'm certain that you won't see that money back, nor will it be deducted from your annual declaration. Just say no.

Ten foreigners and it's already 2,500/month and 30,000 baht in one year only.

Clown likes this.
  3. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

My school's doing that now. It's part of the university policy, and the school's finally gotten round to it. They still haven't told us how they came up with the amount deducted though.

4. Ajarn Greg

Ajarn Greg Well-Known Member

I have my salary cut and the taxes are paid by school. It is pretty relaxing and I do not have to worry about that. Usually they cut more than the tax office as I was registered as single on school's database. However the difference which is about 3000 has been returned both years.

Clown likes this.
  5. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

it is the new policy of the revenue department.

Clown likes this.
  6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Every end of the month I get an A4 paper with signatures and the school's stamp stating the paid salary and the money deducted for tax and social security. Of course I don't know whether the school actually pays in the social security or tax. However, when I file PND.91, the tax deducted from my salary is deducted from the total of tax that has to be paid
    That's what I heard too.

7. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Active Member

I prefer not to have deductions. Why give the government an interest free loan for the year. They don't do any favors for foreign teachers. I have no problem with them getting their tax money at the end of the tax year.

sirchai likes this.
  8. chuachinsoon

Me too. But the revenue dept musta realized that they're missing out on lots of money from errant taxpayers. So they're now modernizing to improve their efficiency. It's taken a couple of years, at least, but schools are starting to do the relevant tax documents and deducting them from our salaries.

Clown likes this.
  9. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Don't worry, not long and we will all win the jackpot Or maybe Jack's pot?.:cold

Rich people usually don't pay tax. Almost all in my family were "tax consultants" and I could be a rich m-fragger now sitting in an office on my leather chair with a Cuban cigar in my mouth, having Monica L. hoover me....:laughing5

I was offered to continue the business multiple times by mom and dad, but traveling was luckily more fun and finally a much better decision than finding places for other peoples' cash..:thumbs up

10. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Well, today I was shown the paperwork. They still need my Thai tax ID.

I heard that Immigration now wants proof of tax payments.

My initial concern was that it might be another scam. Now another concern is the absence of SS contributions which should be matched by the employer...

All the foreigners will be terminated in February. Now, who is gonna get their salaries?

Saudi royal oil group at heart of 1MDB case

11. chuachinsoon

Normally that's what the work permit office requires. No tax receipt, no work permit renewal.

12. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Both Labour and Immigration want a copy of the PND.91 and the clearance receipt in Prachuab Khiri Khan and Phetchaburi for years.

13. bahn_farang

so don't pay teachers, doctors, don't use the roads. Sorry but this view works well if you don't use any public services. The government does plenty.

14. bahn_farang

clown you keep chirping on about the saudi case what (who) gives?

15. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Active Member

I didn't say not to pay tax, but to pay it when it is due to be paid.
    I usually pay my bills when they are due, not give monthly payments a year
    prior to its being owed. Basically by paying in advance your giving a interest free loan to
    the government. What I said also applies to my native country too.