1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Address of Tax Number card

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Mr Pete, 27 Dec 2012.

1. Mr Pete

Mr Pete Thread Starter Active Member

Hi everyone, happy Xmas! :)

I was hoping if anyone would be able to advise me on this.

I recently spoke asked my school about why tax was not being deducted from my wage, they said I need to get a tax number from the tax office...it's lucky that I asked the school!!

Anyway, went down to the tax office today, gave them copies of my passport, visa, WP and employment contract...I also gave showed them my contract for where I live (in Thai), and also written down in English.. Anyway, the 2 ladies looking at the proofs seemed a bit confused about addresses. I live on the same road as my school..so the school address showing on my WP is very similar to my address (just a different number). The ladies can't speak english and I can't speak Thai so I couldn't explain things..Anyway, it's in Thai on the WP that the address is for place of work..but I think maybe the ladies think that my address is the same as the school..they didn't seem to bothered about the contract with MY address..

So, I get the Tax number card, and when I am outside I check the address and it has the address for the school, not mine.(same road, different building number) It was pointless for me querying this without a thai person to translate for me.

I was wondering about anyone else, does your tax card have your address or your school's address? I am thinking I need to get it changed? or maybe it doesn't really matter at all.

Any advice would be great..cheers.

Mr Pete

2. dave123

dave123 Smurf Diver

I put the school address for everything. :smile2:

My address for the tax office is also the school address. never had a problem. :smile2:
    My driving license is the schools address. :smile2:
    all my bank details are the schools address :smile2:

Don't worry, they only want you're money. :smile2:

3. Mr Pete

Mr Pete Thread Starter Active Member

Haha same with my bank details.. When I opened my bank account I thought it was strange that not once did they ask me for my address, then I realised they took my work place address from my WP :smile: