1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Always changed tests dates are very irritating...

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by sirchai, 19 Sep 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hello,

Two weeks ago we were told that the midterm tests will be held on 8th, 9th and 10th of October. When I signed in a few minutes ago I've heard some teachers mentioning the 27th, 28th and properly 29th of this month.

Which leaves the foreigners only a few days to write the tests, print them out, put them into envelopes, etc..

When are your midterm tests? Nobody yet really told me that they've changed it again, but the tests will be this month.

Thanks for any replies.

2. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

Our mid terms were in July with semester finals occurring the last week of Sept.

3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Our midterm tests were 25 - 29 July 2016. Our final tests will be 26 - 30 September 2016.

4. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

This week for foreign teachers. Thai teachers test next week.

5. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

28-29-30 September; followed by the midterm break. Oh glory!:celebrate2

6. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

We started testing last Friday, the 16th of September and they run until the following Friday. My first test is administered tomorrow and the next will be on Thursday. My tests were written some time ago. I always look at events of the prior year in my logs to guesstimate when something major is gonna happen at my school. It also helps to seek additional information from a few different sources of either colleagues and/or students. Never rely on your boss alone for information.

I've gotta teach the Thai teachers next week. Then, we've got 3 days of field trips. Summer camp at my second school runs from the 10th til the 21st of October. School doesn't start up again until November 1st.

sirchai likes this.
  7. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Mine started today. And since I'm not going for Satit Samakhee, I'll have a holiday of sorts for the first time during the 1st term break at my current school. Will still have to do my readings and studying for my masters course though. Sigh.

sirchai likes this.
  8. sirchai

Thanks for your replies. I hope it was only a rumor that kids have to be prepared for some competitions in October.

I really need a few weeks off. The tests are on the 27th and 29th. No idea why not on the 28th.

The show must go on.

9. Aj Michael

Aj Michael Well-Known Member

There's a lot of it about. Just roll with it; be prepared for all eventualities!

Last term at PKRU, mid term tests were bought forward a week, dunno why. Then a week was added to the term to make up for the week that was lost when the director decided at short notice to have a week long celebration of the 45th anniversary of the institution, which of course pushed finals out a week. Then the military sprung something about conscription which clashed with finals, and then there was Songkran, so finals were split between the beginning of April, and the end of April, with a couple of weeks or so gap. C'est la vie.

sirchai likes this.
  10. sirchai

The information finally arrived. Tests are on the 27th and on the 29th, on the 28th is a Thai reading test, or maybe only a big show of something I prefer not to be part of.

Will be busy to "upgrade" my students' test results, anyway......:agreed

I couldn't think of a better job. Life's wonderful. ( Once I can relax for a few days, or hopefully weeks.

P.S. A text message just came in that this Friday will be no school ( The kids are already at home anyway) because of a huge 5 teachaa retirement party.

One of them is our lovely assistant director, who sometimes interrupts my English lessons in my two grade six classes with : Are you understand?"

Well, still better than a Coitus Interruptus, roughly speaking.