1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annual tax statement

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by colonol, 2 Feb 2015.

1. colonol

colonol Thread Starter New Member

Who does the annual tax statement that you bring to the tax office with you before end of March? Does my school do it alone or does the tax office send them info, or does the tax office do it themselves and just send to my school?

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

2. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

My agency used to pay taxes for me. I'd file for a refund and get most of it back. Now that I'm a direct hire, I got a bunch of blank papers from the government yesterday. They didn't withhold any tax. I'll let you know how it goes.

3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Anything to do with money needs your personal understanding and involvement. There are rebates available which may mean a reduction in tax paid. Only when you actually do it or are an active part of the process can you be satisfied that it has been done correctly. Anything else is naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Each school does it differently. My advice is talk to the tax office yourself

4. colonol

I have done it before. My school would give me an annual statement showing what I paid. I would just go to that tax office with that and my passport.

I want to know who does the annual statement that they gave me as I'm at a new school now.

I got those papers in the post you are talking about.

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

On the PND.91 form it's the tax payer/ employee who has to sign regardless who filled in the form or who payed the monthly tax in advance.

6. Stamp

The annual statement of monthly, yearly income and paid-in tax is the responsibility of the employer.

7. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

It's an automated on line system. My previous and current school give me the filled in form, which I took/will take to the tax office with a bunch of other forms for a reduction in what I actually pay

8. colonol

Thanks stamp. Do they have to give that to me or can I go to the tax office without it?

9. Stamp

You can get the PND.91 at the tax office or online. The Revenue Department encourages tax payers to fill out the form online.

10. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

Usually the financial officer at your school fills in the form with your personal data esp. your income and withheld personal income tax. If you have no other income e.g. rent, business, etc., you can take this form to your local revenue department and they will calculate the tax you have to pay. In case the school hasn't paid any tax for you, you have to pay the total sum pretty much at once. On the other hand, if the school hasn't calculated your tax properly and deducted too much from your salary, you may get some money back. Unfortunately, that can take between a few weeks and a few months. The revenue department will send you a check.

11. colonol

I got the Pnd91 form in the post. It's all in Thai.

I'd rather just go to the tax office with the annual statement like last year. So I just ask the admin staff in my work for that and get them to fill in the 91 form?

12. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Your school needs to provide a document first before you can pay your tax.

13. luibkk

luibkk Well-Known Member

It looks like this:
    taxform2013 blank.jpg

taxform2013 blank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  14. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Yep :biglaugh: and yep ... me too.

I can read Thai but I canny be arsed to read thro' this damned form, and have done so for some 11 years.

1) Get statement of earning from your school e.g Jan to Dec 2557(they do vary in appearance as to Luis example)
    2) Take form and number one above to tax office and offer any other stuff e.g. Have kids certs, Marriage cert, medical shit etc. .... and give to tax officer with big happy smile and they go thro' it with you and fill it in for you whilst they explain the deducatable benefits to you ....that is, if you can understand Thai.
    3) Sit and wait 10 mins ...watch 'Chong saam' on box and grab a free coffee.
    4) Presto pay bill which comes to bugger all compared to paying tax in the UK for example.

I love my local tax office:smile2:

15. Stamp

Here's the English version.

View attachment PIT91_2556_110357 (1).pdf

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015