I graduated from the PGCE(i) in December, received my certificate in January and went to the teacher's council during the week to apply for the five year license. All of my paperwork was in order except for one critical piece - it turns out the director of my school does not hold a director's license and so my application was refused. I am currently on my 3rd waiver and I plan to leave my school at the end of my contract at the end of March. I have a new job lined up but obviously this is going to cause an issue if I can't get a license as it means I won't be able to get a new Non-B visa / work permit and also I won't be able to get a teacher's license without a valid visa / work permit when I change schools. I was in a bit of shock when I got knocked back as I wasn't expecting something so ridiculous to crop up so I completely forgot to inquire about 4th waivers etc. Is there any possibility that I can receive a 4th waiver when I start the new job? And also are you actually required to hold a visa and work permit in order to apply for the teaching license? Thanks in advance for any help!