1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any Graduate Diploma in Ed. in Issan

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by mike123_ca, 30 May 2016.

1. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Thread Starter Active Member

I'm currently searching for a program to meet the requirements of a Thai teacher's license.
    Since, I live in Ubon Ratchathaini, I need a program that is on-line or preferable located within the Issan region. Any information would be appreciated.

2. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Well-Known Member

The Ifugao DipTEd program currently has a Korat group as well. That would be closest to you.

3. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Yes, I am about to finish my DipEd and have studied the whole course in Korat. It's 5-6 hours on the bus from Ubon to Korat but that's better than going all the way to Bangkok, unless you fly.

There are about 20 people on the course, with about 5 people about to finish next week, so there will be a Korat group continuing for at least the next semester or two. I believe the minimum number is 15 for them to form a group. How many people there are wanting to the take the course beyond the next year, is anyones guess but there is a group up and running now.

I plan on trying to get my 5 year licence before Khrusapa change their minds again and shift the goalposts!

The next class is Sunday 5th May

Stamp likes this.
  4. professeur

professeur Well-Known Member

I' currently enrolled at PGCEi at Nottingham University. No classes and 100% online. Only a mandatory 4 day face-to-face in Bangkok sometime in October. At 190.000 Baht not the cheapest option though but recognized world-wide.

Hey_ewe and Stamp like this.
  5. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Where in Korat? Rajabhat?

6. Hey_ewe

It was at St Mary's school but now its at City Park hotel, which is opposite the mall. Check before you go, in case they change again. Spaces look like they are filling up quickly, last week about 6 students were sat in the aisles, however about 5/6 people have just finished (myself included) =D

sirchai likes this.
  7. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Congrats !!!!!

Hey_ewe likes this.
  8. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Here's the e-mail that will be of great help. Grace is the one who's managing courses:

Please send her an e-mail : gracegalindez@yahoo.com

9. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Thread Starter Active Member

I contacted Grace and it looks like they are starting a new group the middle of July.
    As of now, it looks like I will sign up for the Korat group.

I would like to hear from anyone else who has or is currently enrolled with the program. As of now, I'm trying to get as much information as possible.

Hey_ewe, kruhjoe and Stamp like this.
  10. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Good to hear.

11. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

are you a member of khrujoes group? if not PM him. I've uploaded some of my (awesome ;) ) assignments there.

sirchai, kruhjoe and Stamp like this.
  12. Hey_ewe

I have just finished the course studying in Korat, so if you need any information specific to Korat or the course in general let me know.