1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bearing - Bangkok

Discussion in 'Region Guides' started by po3try, 17 Jul 2012.

1. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

Where is the city, town or village?

Bearing, Bangkok Thailand

What's available for foreigners in regard to schools?

Lot's of school here. ranging from small government to big top tier international schools.

What are the costs of living there?

Not too bad as it's the last BTS stop and the further away you are the cheaper the housing. Expect to pay more for gasahol or taxis as there isn't much to do. We can't even get a TV signal without a True box so have to pay for that.

How about entertainment and social activities? Will I be the only foreigner in the city?

Pretty much nothing in Bearing. Paradise shopping mall isn't too far away and civilization is just a few BTS stops away if your near the trains but expect to spend a lot of time watching tv in the evenings..

Shopping and such?

Paradise is massive and has everything you need. Seacon Square is a bit further away. Not much within walking distance.

Local Transportation?

Songtaews if you can figure out where they are going. If not Motorbike taxis.

Advantages of living there?

Accommodation is cheap. a little out of town so spend less. Peaceful but easy enough to get your farang fix.

Disadvantages?

Shops are a bit too far away. Foodbyphone etc either dont deliver here or charge too much. If you don't have transport getting around would be a pain, especially in the rainy season.

Final round up of the city, town or village

a nice place for a family but i'd avoid it if your keen to party in the evenings and dont have your own transport.

2. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

So, are there apartments/condos/houses within walking distance of the BTS station?

(Also, for those considering True, there's a good deal on the Gold Lite package if you have a TrueMove-H SIM card and [postpay only?] package that is at least 500 baht per month. That might be possible with an iPhone; otherwise you might be looking at 650 baht per month. That gives a 5GB download cap on 3G and virtually unlimited on everything else.)

3. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

The house aren't. A couple of condos nearby but I think you pay a premium for them. 90% are at leats a motorbike taxi away.. which there are loads of.

4. russellsimpson

russellsimpson New Member

Congratulations gentlemen for a new addition to an already good site.....

Later on, perhaps I'll be able to add advice regarding NST and Songkhla.

Cheers.

Top drawer job!