1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buriram

Discussion in 'Region Guides' started by gungchang, 22 Sep 2012.

1. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I'm toying with the idea of bolting from my current job.

I don't think everything will all come together (buyer for the condo and a job in the boonies) at once. So, Plan B is just move to a small apt. and wait for a buyer for the condo. Rent is cheap, so there won't be a rush.

Wife is from Buriram, so that is the logical choice.
    Those of you live in Buriram or Surin, do you have intel on
    housing,
    work
    and not going insane that you can share?

It seems there is a Catholic school there. I doubt they'd be happy to see me if I don't finish my current contract, though. Decisions, decisions.

2. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

If it's the school I'm thinking of, you'd be working for "old friends" LOL

3. gungchang

gungchang Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Yes, BFITS might be in the cards again.

I passed before because we haven't even begun to sell the condo. Reality has set in; we'll sell while living someplace else.

New apt., new wheels, I just don't know. It's still premature.

Rents seem really cheap which is why I'm even thinking about it. Guess it's time for some field research.

I've also learned that not all Japanese schools require CELTA, and that it may be possible to enlist without going to Japan or on interview in a major western city. But this topic belongs in a different thread. Friends School in Morioka if anybody wants to steer me in the right direction.

4. Tao

Tao Member

might head out there myself for a month or two. mostly just for the muay thai. let me know if u go and how you find the place.