1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-B Can I leave Thailand by air on a non B?

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by markkk, 13 Sep 2016.

1. markkk

markkk Thread Starter Member

Hello all
    I am unable to cancel my WP as my school wont provide a letter. I have flights booked on friday. Will I be able to leave Thailand on my non B? I cannot get this cancelled as immi need the WP cancelled peice of paper from work permit people so I have to leave on my non B. I am not returning to Thailand for a while and dont intend on working here ever again. Will I be ok?

2. markkk

Hello all

I was unable to cancel my WP today at Chonburi Work Permit dept as my school wont provide a letter. I have flights booked on friday. Will I be able to leave Thailand on my non B? I cannot get this cancelled as immigration need the WP cancelled - a peice of paper from work permit people saying so.

I have to leave on my non B. I am not returning to Thailand for a while and dont intend on working here ever again. Will I be ok?
    My non b is valid until october.

please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.

3. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

I exited on a non-B about ten days ago and re-entered the following day on a 30 day waiver - not so much as the bat of an eyelid on leaving or re-entering; no questions asked. I had a booking for leaving Thailand later this month and show money for re-entry but not required to produce them. Piece of cake.

Do you think anyone in your school cares so much that they would get off their bums and report to immigration that you have left? Highly unlikely methinks. Didn't happen with my former school and there was a lot of bad blood between us.

4. markkk

hi thanks for reply. Yeah I think they might care that much, they are freinds with the immi people. you went over land right? Have you ever heard of anyone being stopped at airport from leaving on a live non b

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Never heard of that.

If you want to play it super-safe, buy yourself a re-entry permit.

6. markkk

I can do that at airport. theres a desk there . dont want to pay 1900 for nothing

7. markkk

8. markkk

9. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it's possible that the "wrong" Immigration officer will pick on that. In addition, it seems that the OP doesn't have his "tax clearance" so it's a difficult question to answer IMOHO.

<snip>

New
    I can do that at airport. theres a desk there . dont want to pay 1900 for nothing < snip end>

If 1,900 baht would make sure that nothing can go wrong, I'd rather pay that money and clear my tax as well.

Even 12 years ago, an Indian woman was sent back to Sisaket to "clear her tax"and she lost her ticket, a lot of time and money.

P.S. I just saw your new post, but that doesn't change the matter.

10. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

I can't see it being an issue at all. A few years ago I went back home over the summer holidays, the immigration officer at the airport explained that by leaving without a re-entry permit, my non B would be cancelled. I told him I was going to get a new Non B in the UK, he said fine and stamped me out. Your tax bill isn't due until March and you'll probably be under the threshold for paying tax anyway. If you're that concerned perhaps take last years receipt in the extremely unlikely event of them asking.

11. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

Under no circumstances should you apply for a re-entry permit. That would mean that you are still under obligation to get a divorce letter from your old school. I've known many teachers who'd unintentionally exited without a re-entry permit and had to undergo the non-b application all over again. It is only on land departures...or so I've been told...that exit has been denied without a 'divorce letter' from your old school.

gungchang likes this.
  12. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

No I went in and out via Don Muang airport. As far as I am aware when they stamp you out that is your non-B and extensions cancelled in their system. So when I re-entered I filled out the waiver form and got 30 days stamped in no questions asked. The only problem was the enormous queue to get through immigration on the way out!

On the subject of re-entry, I wouldn't bother because you'll be re-entering but not working. That could theoretically get you into trouble and perhaps render you liable for an overstay when you leave next time. If you're coming back, come in on a waiver or apply for a tourist visa somewhere but my advice would be not to come in on something that you're not entitled to.

I'll say again that I'd be surprised if you're former employers would act. If it is as bad as you say they'll just be glad you've gone - they'll be reluctant to get involved with immigration and the labour office because they really don't want these guys taking any 'official' interest in their work.

13. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I fail to see why. Could you please elaborate on this one, SJ?

14. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Just this minute got back home from the Laos run. I crossed the border on Monday morning, with the correctly-dated letter from the school, but they just cancelled the extension without asking for it.

Also came back in, shortly after, with a newly-minted B visa. :thumbs up

Stamp likes this.
  15. markkk

Thanks guys quite reassuring.
    as to tax my employer mustve taken that out automatically at 10%
    been working since nov 2015 btw