1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deadline for 2012 Tax Returns

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by magnumforce, 21 Mar 2013.

1. magnumforce

magnumforce Thread Starter Active Member

The Revenue Dept. have given taxpayers an extra 9 days to file their tax returns for 2012. That means you have until 9 April 2013 to do so. Tax returns are important as Immigration sometimes (and I've been told "definitely will in the near future") ask to see your tax returns / receipt when considering your extension of stay.

2. mthibeault

mthibeault New Member

I'm lucky enough that my employer does all this for me. I wonder though about paying tax in my home country. I researched this online and I think that in my situation I don't have to pay tax in Canada while working here. I wonder however if anyone has ever had the Canadian government claiming so tax money from them while they were working here?

3. slamb

slamb Active Member

What's tax? :smile2:

I didn't pay tax at my last school (liars) & my new school pays the tax for us; I suspect another...

According to the SLC UK I should be paying 15% of everything over 6000B over here - adjusted for the cost of living my arse. :hilarious:

Both the small matters of my 6M mortgage, which I have the misfortune to share with my previous love & the bailiff inflated parking fine, which surely now dwarfs the national debt, are of no concern. :smile:

4. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

When I was working, I had to declare my income here to the Australian tax office, reciprocal something or other. Saying that, I could also claim my family here as a deduction.

5. brianp0803

brianp0803 New Member

My school has done tax returns for me and giving me a copy, but not sure if I saved them. I did not think they were important. They did not give me the return unless I asked, but was told it was the only copy. I wonder if the governement keeps tract of who has been paying taxes.

6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I guess you've an easy going Immigration Office and Labour Office.

Or................your school takes care of that too? :wink2:

7. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Chiang mai looks for the tax return

8. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Too true, I had to produce my tax receipt each year to renew my WP.

9. slamb

slamb Active Member

My new school states in the advert that they pay the taxes. I've heard tell that it says so in the contract but as the new teachers have yet to receive a copy of the contract, despite repeated requests, after 4 months employment...you have to wonder.:happy1:

Still, 55k tax free is not to be sniffed at & lends itself to a community that doesn't rock the boat, or even puts it's hands in the water...:ashamed: