1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anybody hear of any competitions in October?

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by sirchai, 23 Sep 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Okay, our tests will be done on the 29th and I thought a few days afterwards would be holiday time.

But regarding the one homeroom teacher, there'll be various different competitions where many teachers will be involved, including me.

Did anybody hear of upcoming competitions? Thanks for any replies, I'm just trying to find out when I can plan some stuff.

There's so much rumor and gossip around that you never know what's true.

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Suppose it depends on the individual school. Wednesday was "wan far sai" thus activities for all grades from then to end of today. Activities: singing competition, spelling bee, dancing, food preparation and selling, plus some various fun games ....for me spelling bee 100% the guava teacher and singing as a judge.
    Makes a change from banging the book.

sirchai likes this.
  3. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

There's a 'Yord Mongkood' competition on Oct 1-2.

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Haven't heard about any contests. May it be primary or secondary. However, several schools in our province start on Tuesday 25 October so still some days left.

sirchai likes this.
  5. sirchai

The amazing thing is that nobody seems to know anything regarding competitions and if my presence is needed.

If that would be the only problem, I wouldn't mind. But all and everything is completely out of order and they just had to change their test dates because it seems that all primary schools in the educational area have to follow a certain schedule.

It's not the first time that our boss wanted to make his own rules, but was finally "lectured" by people who make the rules.

Very bad is when you start to work for such an idiot who really believes that he's right after Buddha.

6. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

It could be the 'Excellence Fair' competition. My school normally doesn't get invited to participate. My son's school had their exam schedule changed because of it. It'll be early or mid-October here in Khon Kaen. Might be slightly different in other provinces.

7. sirchai

Thanks for your reply.

8. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to work out what the title means..

9. marcusb

marcusb Active Member

thats not amazing, :) c'mon, that's the norm. About 3 days before the competition they'll drag 4 kids into your office, ask you to prepare for 4 different activities and train the students. They'll also mention how they'd sure like a trophy this year….. good luck.