1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

English Camps?

Discussion in 'Welcome Newbies' started by smalltowngal, 31 Dec 2014.

1. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Thread Starter New Member

Hi all!

Not sure who will read this, but I'll give it a go. My husband and I have taught English in South Korean public schools for the past two years and are looking for some sort of English camp work in Thailand before a trip to Ethiopia... Anyone have any leads on this?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Tamara

2. Ben Crew

Ben Crew New Member

English camps are usually held during the mid-term break in October, or at the end of the academic year in March and April, so you've got a couple of months to wait.

3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

small issue of working illegally on a tourist visa to consider

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Quite a few jobs do come up on the ajarn.com jobs forum board. Your next opportunity would be March 2015 earliest .... camps run thro March and more so in April. I saw last year some camp jobs paying for accomodation, travel to, and paying around 10K Baht a week.

As for the legality of it all ...don't worry as I have never ever heard of someone obtaining a non-immigration visa and a work permit for just a summer camp ... nor that of the employer making it a requirement either.

Good luck and look at that website say mid-Feb onwards :thumbsup2: