1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good to Back

Discussion in 'Residing in Thailand' started by portnoy58, 18 Dec 2016.

1. portnoy58

portnoy58 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I stepped off a plane at Swampy yesterday, leaving the freezing cold and pollution of China behind me. It's great to be back, milling around a beautiful hot and sunny Bangrak yesterday afternoon and evening in downtown Bangkok before heading back to Ratchaburi this afternoon, Sunday. There is much I could whinge about - the absurd delays at immigration, the lack of elevators on the BTS, the absurd interchange at Phaya Thai station - but apart from the joy of being reunited with Mrs P and the weans, two things spring out: the general ambience and the food. Having done the work on the language I can communicate reasonably well in Thai, so it's a joy being able to make small talk with people; in provincial China this is a virtual impossibility. The food in China is by no means bad but it can't compare with what's on offer here - I had steamed sea bass last night with some tom yum goong and khao put kee mao - absolutely scrumptious.

As I say great to be back and with Chinese New Year approaching I'll be back for another two weeks towards the end of January. Let me wish TTA members a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2017.

Stamp and sirchai like this.
  2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Danged I was blasting around Lat Li about 4 hours ago and late lunch there.
    Yep, I bet it's nice to be back 58 ....enjoy it and HNY 2 U 2.
    :cheers

3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Portnoy welcome back hope all is well in China and your studies too.

4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

I know how it is...like taking a jacket off and a big smile in your face already at the airport. A nice Christmas and a Happy New Mia Noi for you and your loved ones.

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back and enjoy your time here.

6. portnoy58

portnoy58 Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks BF. The studies have had to go on to the back burner as I'm teaching the Primary Years Programme of the International Baccalaureate; it's completely new and it needs a lot of work and preparation. But there is no doubt this is really the top primary curriculum. Hope to get going again on the study front over the break and crack on with it.