1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Websites for Teaching (mostly English)

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by Internationalteacher, 27 Oct 2016.

1. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Thread Starter Well-Known Member

This may have been done before, but I think we should make a list of websites where you can find great information (worksheets, books, online learning, etc). These can be aimed at different levels and grades, but please mention the grade/level when you post it.
    I will add to this because I don't have time right now to put them all down. Please add what is included on the website, age bracket, free or paid. This could be helpful. I use so many great websites that have helped me over the years.

Studyladder, online english literacy & mathematics. Kids activity games, worksheets and lesson plans.
    This is a great website and you can login as a teacher or student. Online learning about a variety of subjects including Math, English, ICT, etc. You can use this on a smartboard as a review or introducing a phonics or grammar point. Use the search bar to search for grade and subject. You can create a login and use it for free.

Education.com | #1 Educational Site for Pre-K through 5
    This site is excellent in that it was made by teachers for teachers. You have lesson plans, worksheets, books, etc on a variety of subjects including Math, English. You can download some worksheets for free, but you can also join with different levels. I am a pro member and I have access to unlimited worksheets, lesson plans, etc.
    This is on their website. Unlimited access to 15,000+ worksheets, games, workbooks, and more. You can also create custom worksheets with the Worksheet Generator.
    Grades are from preschool to High School.

Primary Resources - KS2, KS1, Early Years (EYFS) KS3, KS4
    This is a paid site, but it isn't much money for what you get. From preschool to high school. They have all subjects and lots of information. They have a section for ESL and SEN. This site has so much information with powerpoints, worksheets, posters for your classroom, etc.

BusyTeacher: Free Printable Worksheets For Busy English Teachers
    A great ESL site with worksheets, posters, books, flashcards and articles. You can search for anything related to ESL and you can find it. Easily print worksheets out. Free.

DLTK's Educational Activities for Children
    More of a crafts website with some free printables, but for full access you need to pay. They have great worksheets, games, books, crafts, related to different themes/holidays. Online games and printable games. Just a wealth of good stuff for mostly young school age children.

Feel free to add your own. I'll add more soon.

professeur, sirchai, Stamp and 4 others like this.
  2. Internationalteacher

ESL Teacher Resources, Job Boards, and Worksheets
    It is now called Lanternfish with free printables. ESL for all ages with a section for young learners, wordsearches, fall activities, writing, cloze activities, reading, lesson plans, business English, flashcards, ESL for adults, etc. Worth a look. Free.

Starfall: Learn to Read with Phonics, Learn Mathematics
    This is for young children to learn their a,b,c's, learn to read, phonics, stories. It has some free printables, and you can also become a member to get full access as a teacher or school. This is a must if you teach young children.

Raz-Kids
    Leveled readers for reading, reading comprehension and listening. You can get your school to get a password/login for students. Students can then go in and read at their leisure. Otherwise, you can get a free 14 day trial or pay $109.00 US dollars/year for access to 800+ ebooks, with corresponding Equizzes.

professeur and Stamp like this.
  3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much!

Internationalteacher likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot.

5. Internationalteacher

^No problem, I'll pop more freebie sites up soon.

6. sirchai

A great one to study online. Considering the different levels and the possibility to copy and paste all assignments make it to a great website. Grammar, reading, writing and listening all in one.

Like a One Stop Servince Service... ( seen in Sisaket)

Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) - English levels

Gosh, I almost forgot my favorite Pirate Bay website where you'll find all sorts of teaching material. Books in PDF format you can easily change into MS Office Word.

Even if you're not a member. I'm not sure if it's really true that some members here are running illegal operating systems from mentioned websites, but I don't think so. Just the usual gossip..

FreeEverything.com

P.S. You can buy this website which I didn't know when making a joke.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2016
  7. Internationalteacher

^Great stuff, thanks for adding onto the thread. I just realized I haven't come back to add more. I do have more websites to add now.

StoryJumper: #1 rated site for making story books
    Make storybooks for all ages of readers.

Storynory - Free Audio Stories for Kids
    Free audio stories.

PrimaryGames: Free Games and Videos
    Reading games, word games

Games for Learning English, Vocabulary, Grammar Games, Activities, ESL
    Excellent educational games by topic. Search by ‘topics’ including grammar (verb tenses, pronouns etc).

EWE - Easy World Of English // HOME
    User-friendly website including grammar, pronunciation, reading, listening practice and an interactive picture dictionary based on topics.

The English Learner Movie Guides - database of popular movies
    ESLnotes.com - The English Learner Movie Guides

These are all free.

Last edited: 18 Nov 2016
  8. Internationalteacher

Leveled reading, listening and grammar
    esl-lounge.com Student - Learn English for Free! English Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading

Grammar quizzes at various levels of difficulties and for learners from dozens of different language backgrounds.
    Activities for ESL/EFL Students (English Study)

Quizzes on grammar and parts of speech
    English Language (ESL) Learning Online - UsingEnglish.com

A variety of lessons and exercises, and links to other ESL programs.
    www.5minuteenglish.com

Website links for parents to writing instruction /exercises for their children
    Purdue OWL: Parents

trnwrk and bahn_farang like this.
  9. sirchai

10. trnwrk

trnwrk Well-Known Member

Learn Languages with Music Videos, Lyrics and Karaoke!
    Improve your listening comprehension and practice with different accents interacting with the best musical videos, filling the gaps in the lyrics and using the Karaoke

StudyStack
    Search free flashcards shared by students and teachers...

Storybird - Artful Storytelling
    Simple tools help you build books in minutes.

Interesting Things for ESL/EFL Students (Fun English Study)
    Interesting Things for ESL Students

Randall's Self-Study Guide: Find Listening Conversations by TOPIC
    Listen to Everyday Conversations with Adult and Children's Voices

11. Internationalteacher

^Thanks for your addition, trmwrk. Storybird looks awesome!

12. sirchai

Hey you....( The Thai approach.:confused..lol)

I made a list and put all the links from your thread together that makes it a little bit easier to search for particular certain stuff. It's in MS Office Word Format, so easy to copy and paste.

I haven't had time to look around and truly hope that this coming weekend will allow me to do so.

We're more than one teacher short, but they obviously don't care. "Please help the school" and make ten more hours a week for free? I mean, we don't need more money for alcohol, fags, and other stuff that only makes you sick. And Mia Noi's aren't for us, or? Hmmmm....

And you don't have to drive your pick up, take a damn bicycle, it's only 25 km away and do the dad thingy.

That's how they're trying to get you. And they're out there to get you. Don't you hear the imaginary footsteps?

Attached Files:

13. Internationalteacher

^Hi, and thanks for putting all of those great websites into a word .doc. I have been extremely busy with interviews and applying for jobs. I flew to Shanghai recently for an interview and I have two more coming up on Skype. It sounds like you are still working hard. I hope it lets up soon and things all work out.

A few more websites to add on.

Games for learning English, vocabulary, grammar, etc.
    Games for Learning English, Vocabulary, Grammar Games, Activities, ESL

Find out anything that you are wondering about. Aimed at Elementary students.
    Wonderopolis | Where the Wonders of Learning Never Cease | Wonderopolis

Many readers for all ages. Free for teachers in Canada in the US
    Epic! - Read Amazing Children's Books - Unlimited Library Including Flat Stanley, Scaredy Squirrel, Batman, and Many Others

14. Internationalteacher

I am now tutoring English four days a week after school. The boy is new to English and 5 years old. I'm about to go print some of these. Thought I'd share.

Free printable flashcards. This site also has tons of other great resources.

Flashcards | LearnEnglish Kids

15. DigitalGypsy

DigitalGypsy Well-Known Member

Here are a few that I often use, it's a mixed bunch:

AllThingsGrammar.com
    -an excellent resource with audio files on there too

AllThingsTopics.com
    -also very useful

Englishwsheets.com
    -some really nice grammar/vocab worksheets on here that come in handy

Film-English.com
    -some nice vid-related lesson plans on here

EnglishSingsing
    -my students love the role-play/dialogue sections

Pinkfong Kids' Songs and Stories
    -the stories are a hit with mine

Conversation Questions (The Internet TESL Journal)

Random Name Lottery Wheel
    -great for on the spot questions and games etc.

Flash Hangman