1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy rain forecast from Thursday to Sunday

Discussion in 'Residing in Thailand' started by Stamp, 26 Jul 2016.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

26 Jul 2016 at 11:34

The Meteorological Department has warned of heavy rain nationwide from Thursday to Sunday due to a strong monsoon in the South and a storm approaching southern China.

The forecast is for rain over 40-60% of the country in the next two days, and from Thursday to Sunday it will rain more in the North, the Northeast, the Central Plain including the greater Bangkok, the East and the South.

On Tuesday and Wednesday the southwestern monsoon would blanket the Andaman Sea, the South and the Gulf of Thailand, and a powerful low pressure area would cover upper Vietnam.

From Thursday to Sunday, the southwestern monsoon would become stronger and a storm would reach southern China, bringing increased rainfall to Thailand.

Read the full article here: Heavy rain forecast from Thursday to Sunday | Bangkok Post: news

Ajarn Greg likes this.
  2. Mati

Mati Well-Known Member

We may have had quite a storm while I was sleeping earlier this evening. The huge notice board in front of my house is down again, this time the poster part is draped over my fence. A few lines are hanging loose over my driveway. The best part is that my new kitty did some mischievous business over my clothes and since I put everything including the cat tray outside the storm kindly deodorized the lot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

today was a scorcher so let the rains begin