1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELLO newbie here... please help me!

Discussion in 'Welcome Newbies' started by lezbiboy, 3 Mar 2015.

1. lezbiboy

lezbiboy Thread Starter New Member

Hi guys... I am a newbie here in this FORUM.. I hope you can help me with my PROBLEMS about my waiver... :thai wai:

2. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

We probably can... but you've got to be clearer. What's your status? What have you done? What exactly constitutes your problem?

3. lezbiboy

Thank you for your QUICK reply Daniel... I am from India.. I am in my 2nd waiver now... and it will end this year... I tried to call the PNRU and the TCT office but they said I need to wait for the announcements of seminars... Is there any other way to to get a 3rd waiver?

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

I will dispense the wisdom as such.

1. Calm down
    2. Many ways to get the third waiver
    3. Read the threads
    4. welcome

5. lezbiboy

Thanks bahn_farang... I am reading now the *hot-news*-moe-conference-no-1-2558-news-about-tct-teacher-licensing by STAMP ..... and I think I need to enroll for a Diploma Course.... Am I right?
    but I am a little bit confused about the quote that stamp posted...

"Requests for temporary unlicensed membership of the teaching profession for those who do not have the knowledge or the professional experience required by the Teacher's Council. This permission is for two years per request and cannot be extended for more than six consecutive years." does it mean I still have my last chance? "3rd waiver* ???

Last edited: 3 Mar 2015
  6. bahn_farang

The refusal of the 3rd waiver is not written in stone but it would appear that the third waiver rests on your ability to show how much do you really want to improve yourself.

7. lezbiboy

Thanks again bahn_farang... I am still hoping that they will conduct another THAI culture SEMINAR before my waiver ends....

- - - Updated - - -

Could you please help me to answer my friends questions? She is not good in computer so maybe we can use one account in this website....

Her contract will end on May but her WAIVER will end on August... Is it possible to renew another contract using that waiver? She is going to renew her contract on the last week of April.

PLEASE help us...

8. bahn_farang

The culture course in itself will not offer you a third waiver. I have no idea about the new course, when it will be offered and what doing it will mean for anyone requiring waivers.

If you really are at a dead end you should ask the TCT "if i enroll in this course (Unitefl, Nottingham etc etc ) will you give me a third waiver?" The advice anyone else will give you is based on past events which may or may not be repeated in your case.

Sorry I can't help more.

Sounds like you have been in Thailand for a while so i guess you understand the Thai way

9. lezbiboy

got it bahn_farang... THANK YOU SO MUCH... how about the PROBLEM of my friend? I don't know how to answer her problem... :thai wai:

10. bahn_farang

Contract is not the problem. Visa is. Her Visa will be attached to her waiver and in turn contract.

Wait till the morning and the heavy weights will have more solid answers. Or PM the oracle... stamp

11. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:welcome to TT

12. Stamp

As said, an employment contract won't be a problem. However, the extension of the permission of stay based on employment will be granted until the end of August only.

13. lezbiboy

Thanks STAMP....
    I am sorry but it still not clear for us...
    So the IMMIGRATION Officers will also check our WAIVERS?

14. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Yes, you will need to show the waiver (or teacher's licence) to the immigration officer. It's one of the documents that form part of your application for your extension of stay.

15. Stamp

Yes. It's in their regulations under Reason of Necessity 2.6 and 2.7.

Criteria and Conditions for Temporary Stay - Immigration Order 327/2557