1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I almost got killed by a brutal and very poisonous black Scorpion

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by sirchai, 29 Oct 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

It all began like a horror movie. The two dogs started barking and barking and barking. Then I almost stepped on the deadly creature only wearing the usual farang sandals....( not even having protective socks on)

We all started running for our lives and I had a brilliant idea. "Save their lives" was all I thought and grabbed a pair of pliers and risked my life by taking the dangerous animal's tail, lifting it up and carrying it around.

Actually, the guy we all dislike had his car closed today, so I had this biest in my hands looking for a way out,.....a solution....aehh what do you do with such a deadly animal when you're Buddhist?

I finally dropped it into the sleeping room of a foreign teacher around the corner and it landed right on his bed, next to his pillow and immediately fell asleep.

When he came home, drunk as usual, I only heard a short "Uaaghhffrrjrtr" and no more noise could be heard.

When his gf came home and found the scorpion still attached to her Tirac another screaming noise: aeeehhhhhoohhhhh ehelp..a Scorpion wants to eat my farang.....

I finally took my pliers and saved the scorpion's life.

20161029_193738.jpg

20161029_193906.jpg

Internationalteacher likes this.
  2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

I love you and your protective socks

sirchai likes this.
  3. gungchang

gungchang Well-Known Member

Force it to watch the US Presidential debates until it dies of boredom.

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

Oh yeeaah, together with the good general's speech and one of Angela Merkel's " Wir killen uns selbst" speeches.

A very deadly combination for all creatures on this planet.

5. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

Who told you it was poisonous? Maybe it is if you eat it.
    It's not poisonous, nor is it venomous. This scorpion is common and harmless, the venom compares to a bee.

6. bahn_farang

How can you compare venom to a bee? One is an animal that flies the other isn't

7. gungchang

Actually, one probably could compare it to a spider.
    Spiders can pretend that they fly when spinning a web.

8. Tonyja

Tonyja Well-Known Member

It's a common term used when two different animals venom has the same toxicity.

9. bahn_farang

I stand corrected, I would have thought that it should be ....

This scorpion is common and harmless, the venom compares to that of the bee"

10. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

Ewww gross... lol.

sirchai likes this.
  11. sirchai

We could make a deal. I keep the next one for you and we meet. Then let the thingy do it'ds job and I make a movie of your hand or wherever you'd like to feel the "harmless pain."

I'm not afraid of bees, but not knowing how painful such a scorpion could be and just listening to somebody who seems to know it better, doesn't make me like scorpions more. Sorry.

You should see my dogs when they find one.

Do you really think that there's something wrong with their instinct?

Or using this example:

One undeniable fact is that scorpions are venomous. Their venom is the cause of widespread fear and at the same time, fascination. Most species possess a sting comparable to that of a bee sting, but a few scorpion species have a venomous sting that can be lethal to humans.

If I'm not sure how dangerous a scorpion is, I better keep my fingers away.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2016
  12. gungchang

13. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

And I can pretend to spin a web when I wear my spiderman costume. Sad thing is...I actually do have a spiderman costume so its partly true......Picked it up on ebay for 1000 baht, professional looking number for the price to....Anyway, carry on.

14. DavidUSA

DavidUSA την σκαφην σκαφην λεγοντας

Let's get this straight: that big, black scorpion is not so dangerous, not generally deadly, but that does not mean you want it to sting you. It is big, it is black, it looks scary, but it is not that dangerous at all--unless you get stung and have an allergic reaction.

Other scorpions can be deadly. In fact, there is one called "the man killer." It is small. If you see a small, brown scorpion leave that fella alone.

I had a run-in with a scorpion too, in Isaan. Middle of the night, boozed up, bare-foot, he stood there in all his blackness and glory in the middle of my house. I just looked at him for a moment and grunted. He went into our bathroom and I spayed him with water until he went out via a drainage pipe. Scary looking, but not so dangerous. Would not want a child to be stung by one, that is for sure.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2016
  15. Internationalteacher

Internationalteacher Well-Known Member

I agree with ya.. I wouldn't want to ever come across a scorpion. They look dangerous and wouldn't want to take a chance on whether that specific one is 'lethal'. Talking about poisonous things...

When I worked out in the woods in the US in my twenties, I came across a black widow spider in my tent and a copperhead poisonous snake on my campground. The spider got away, who knows where...and one of the kids I was working with took a shovel off the head of the copperhead snake right in front of me. lol. Ahh, memories!

sirchai likes this.