1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IFUGAO in northern Thailand if more than 15 students

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by natewill, 23 May 2016.

1. natewill

natewill Thread Starter Active Member

If you live in/near Bangkok, then you should have no problem finding a teacher certification course to suit you. Unfortunately, those of us that live in other parts of the country do not have as many options. In other words, it's a bit challenging to find a course that doesn't require weekly or monthly trips to Bangkok and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I emailed Grace Galindez Re: hosting a class in Chiang Mai. She said that IFUGAO could open classes in provinces other than the current ones (Bangkok, Nakhon Si Thmmarat, Pattaya, and Korat) if there were at least 15 students enrolled.

So, any teachers in the Chiang Mai area interested in the IFUGAO teacher certification course should email bombard Grace (gracegalindez@yahoo.com) to see if they will open a new course this year. Reply here so we can see how much interest there is collectively. I'm in Lampang, and I would happily travel to Chiang Mai once a month or so to complete a course. 'Twould be much easier than a haul to Bangkok....

Regards,

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I edited the thread title for the search engines.

sirchai and Mister T like this.
  3. natewill

Grace informed me that 'enrollment is until June 30'. So, not sure if there 100% will be a course or not, but if anybody's interested, get the ball rolling now.

sirchai likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it make sense to inform some teachers who're looking for THE solution in the north?

A sort of mouth to mouth propaganda would do the trick.

Grace finally made it happen to offer a course in Korat for "Isaanjeros". Best of luck !!! :coffee

5. macco1916

macco1916 New Member

Got the same message from grace yesterday, said I could get a few more people if it was held in Chiang Mai, but just said enrollment was until the 30th June, didn't mention any numbers applied for it in Chiang Mai. Will probably sign up anyway if in Bangkok and travel down for the few face-to-face classes, cheers.

6. natewill

If you're interested, send in your info!!

Clipboard-1.jpg

Stamp likes this.
  7. sirchai

E-mail from Grace:

The new term will start in July. Only three f 2 f classes in four months.

You have 4 subjects again but only 3 have face to face class. The other subject is practice teaching. In this subject prof will ask you to submit teachers portfolio only. Our academics in charge will will upload instructions and requirements for this subject.
    Kindly tell your other friends to enroll now .

I'm certain that there'll be enough people for a CM group.

Attached Files:

natewill likes this.
  8. sirchai

When you enroll in July they'll also take you on board. Saw that before, in the beginning when I signed up there're only 34 and now about 140.

9. sirchai

Sawasdee khrap,

I've just received an e-mail from Grace that our first semester's over at the end of this month and the new one will begin in July.

But here's an e-mail that you might have received as well?

Edmodo SSRGE Admin to IFSU DipTEd 3T 2015-2016
    Please TURN IN all requirements before 30th June. This group will automatically close on 1st July. Thank you.

Here's Grace's mail:

Hello Mike,

Got your email. Just make sure you also uploaded your answer to Edmodo . Your Term 2 will start in July. You have 4 subjects again but only 3 have face to face classes. The other subject is practice teaching. In this subject prof will ask you to submit teachers portfolio only. Our academics in charge will will upload instructions and requirements for this subject.
    Kindly tell your other friends to enroll now . ( I've told her that plenty of people are interested, but i don't give my word for them that they actually sign up) Please see attached schedule.

For an unknown reason is it impossible to download the file as an Office Word file. So I changed it to a PDF to make it possible to attach it. It seems that CM is already planned and those who're interested could post a thread on the other forum. There must be a lot of teachers who need a degree in education, so it would definitely make sense when somebody would try to make some advertisement for a Chiang Mai group.

Would Chiang Mai be closer to you, Kru Joe? Would be great to read the other guys' input, including Khun Stamp.

Have a nice evening and a lovely Sunday.

P.S. Thanks a lot to all the other members who posted on this so special forum.

Attached Files:

10. natewill

Hey sirchai,

Grace has been pretty silent as far as disseminating info to me. This sounds like good news.

11. sirchai

Grace seems to do ALL enrollments regardless what course foreigners want to apply for. It takes up to three weeks to get an answer.

They also offer a Master's I could continue, but if the Dip Ed give me my license, I'm more than happy.

Sorry, didn't read the posts before, but you'll have to fill out an enrollment form. If you didn't do that yet, I can send you one. ( Just in case if you're waiting for one....)

They're pretty cool regarding payments, you can make monthly installments of 5 K which is quite fair.

Have a good one........:go10

P.S. A great way to get in touch with Grace is their farcebook page...once she's online ( and she's most of the time) you can ask her any particular questions..)

I hope it's the right one: Ifugao State University

Last edited: 19 Jun 2016
  12. sirchai

I've just posted a thread on t" he other forum" to get enough people together that you guys don't have to drive all the way to Korat, or Bangkok. Will keep you up to date how many people are interested.

13. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Well-Known Member

Yesterday I attended another f2f class, and at the end of it I talked to Grace. She said that the formation of a Chiang Mai group is already in process and included in our new schedule for the next term, with remarks as "tentative" (no definite dates have been given yet).

I also asked her to email me some information about the "terms & conditions" for forming such groups elsewhere (so I could show it to my school's manager). I think Phitsanulok, being halfway between Bangkok and Chiang Mai and accessible with all means of transportation (air, bus, train, car), could be an ideal place for many of us. I also think our college would be more than happy and has the capacity to provide a venue for such a course. (As it already does with IELTS for the British Council.)

I'll let you know as soon as I get some definite answer from either party.