1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ifugao school location in Korat?

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by mike123_ca, 9 Aug 2016.

1. mike123_ca

mike123_ca Thread Starter Active Member

Hi

I'm looking for information about the location of the classes for students who have signed up for Ifugao in Korat.

2. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Hi, I've finished my course now so the location may have changed so double check but last semester classes were held in the city park hotel which is opposite the mall, it's the end where the construction is going on. Before that, they were held in a classroom in St Marys school. I would recommend getting in touch with grace galindez on facebook as she responds quickly via that medium. I would also recommend getting there a little early to secure a seat, as the classroom at city park hotel is quite small. Last semester it was quite cramped and some people were sat in the aisles. It also means you can make sure you get a seat with a power outlet for your laptop.

Stamp likes this.
  3. mike123_ca

Hi

Just got in touch with Grace Galindez.
    She wrote that she will pass the info come next week.
    I'll assume that the school is still looking for a room.
    When I hear something I will post the information.

Stamp likes this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

The first Korat class will be on the 4th. I had a pretty strange experience when I received a phone call, but couldn't understand a word the person was saying.

It took a while to find out that it was "Vladimir", it could be that he's related to Grace. I guess it was a bad telephone connection, the shitty AIS......

I'd deeply appreciate if anybody who's in the Korat group could keep me up to date. The reason is that I'm not attending f 2 f classes through serious medical reasons.

i had a rough time doing assignments in the first semester as i didn't even know in which group I was.

All members of the Korat group just received an e-mail from a woman called "Ciara May xxx, who seems to be one of the teachers for Korat.

I'm the one with the mikelm.......@hotmail.com e-mail addy. It would be great if somebody could get in touch with me, if possible.

I couldn't find out where the location is, sorry. The best way to reach Grace is to go on their facebook page and try to get in touch with her.

All has changed because they took more and more applicants on board and i always received assignments from people who signed up pretty late.

I signed up in February, or March and was the 24th, but then the group "grew" to 176 people.

Any info is deeply appreciated, I'll post whatever I hear immediately here.

P.S. I was the one who's asking Grace if there's a possibility to have a group closer to lower northeast, but my artificial knee joint wasn't okay with it. Cheers and let's hope that all goes well.

I thought we'd "graduate in October, but it doesn't look like that now.

5. mike123_ca

Sept. 1st 2016
    Received an e-mail from Grace Galindez

1- Schedule of face to face class - Venue will be at City Park Hotel http://www.cityparkhotel-korat.com
    from 9:00AM to 3:00PM

Hey_ewe likes this.
  6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Best of luck and enjoy your new adventure.

7. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

Just across the
    It's right across the road from the mall, so you can pop over for some food at lunchtime.

8. sirchai

Any "homework" for the first week? I hope that you've had a great day even when traveling sucks.

It would be great to know what assignments have to be done. Does anybody have an idea?

Any answers are deeply appreciated.

9. mike123_ca

Just submit the forum question and answers.

FORUM QUESTIONS = (20 %) Directions: Discuss briefly and concretely.
    (1) Theory of child development - by Jean Piaget
    (2) Theory of child development – by Sigmund Freud
    (3) What gender identity and sexual development takes place in adolescence?
    (4) What social development takes place in adolescence?

PART 3 – FINAL EXAMINATION = (30 %) A. Directions: Give your brief, clear, and concrete discussion/description for each item.
    (1) How can Jean Piaget’s theory of child development help your handling skills of children your class? Explain.
    (2) Make an OUTLINE showing how do you apply Sigmund Freud's theory of child development in teaching the subject/s assigned to you. Give brief and concrete descriptions.
    (3) LIST down two class activities appropriate for social and emotional development of adolescence, and give brief and concrete descriptions.
    (4) As a teacher and you’ve known the ability of your students, how did you show genuine interest in your students’ activities in the class? What did you observe of their academic performances?

Explain. B. Directions: Use/indicate your resources/references (books or from the internet) in order to concretize your discussion for each.
    Stages of Adolescent Development
    What Parents Can Do (at home)
    What Teachers Can Do (in the class)

(1) Early Adolescence (Approximately 12-14 years of age)
    (2) Middle Adolescence (approximately 15-16 years)
    (3) Late Adolescence (approximately 17-19 years)

Mike

sirchai likes this.
  10. sirchai

Thanks a lot for your time to write this post, really deeply appreciated.

I've just sent you a message and hope that I don't disturb you. Honestly speaking, I just found out through the e-mail that they sent to us about a week ago that I'm in the Korat group. No more to add....

It would be great to hear from you, have a nice week and stay healthy. Khop Khun Maak Khrap.

Cheers- Mike

P.S. Mike, sorry for asking you a serious question. Are you in your second term, or did you just start?

Last edited: 5 Sep 2016
  11. sirchai

Hi Mike,

Did anybody mention the PRACTICE TEACHING REQUIREMENT thingy with a lot of documents from your school, including a sort of reference letter fro m the school, curriculum, lesson outline, etc?

Thanks a lot in advance. Cheers-

12. mike123_ca

[​IMG]

Edmodo SSRGE Admin to Practice Teaching

PRACTICE TEACHING REQUIREMENT

This subject is waived for students’ from the subject who are actually teaching. The waiver however requires submission of the following.

1. Practice Teaching Scrap Book / Portfolio (Please include a Table of Contents with corresponding Page Number for the following)
    1.1. Brief description of the school
    1.2 School facilities in pictures with brief description
    1.3. Curriculum (If the school doesn't provide the curriculum, please submit a course syllabus)
    1.4. Description with picture of at least 1 class currently taught
    1.5. Sample syllabus and/or Lesson Plan
    1.6. Sample Quiz / Major Exams
    1.7. An Essay on what is a Global Teacher

2. Recent Teaching Performance rating signed by the Department Head / School Director / Principal in the current school

3. Certificate of Employment

Submission of the above requirements will be at the end of the term.

Dr. Robert Galindez
    Subject Teacher

I don't recall anything being said about this course when I was in Korat.
    I've already started building it now and hope to finish it during the October school break.
    Just make a scrapbook and send it to the school's website.

Mike

sirchai likes this.
  13. sirchai

Hi Mike,

Sorry for my late reply and thanks a lot. I'll do most of my stuff in the midterm break, there's no deadline for me. The school's keeping me so busy that I'm even using my weekends for school preparation. Monday six hours straight.

I hope that we can soon "graduate" and the beer ( warm milk?) is on me.

Cheers, Mike

Last edited: 18 Sep 2016