1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny Intelligent foreign teachers in the Kingdom, full of wisdom....

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by sirchai, 24 Jul 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I must have made plenty of Big-C employees laugh when I wanted to buy a for me very cheap phone.

All I saw was 3,000 baht and a real nice phone, a Samsung something with 7. Also my wife didn't realize what was going on, I told them to change it into English, saw 7.3 GB memory, a 32 GB hd and thought let's buy that thing.

The shock was at the counter for electronic items when it turned out that it was only 3,000 baht cheaper and when I saw what they really wanted, which was 26,799 baht I decided to tell them that I'll come back with my son because he's the one who'll have the phone soon.

I felt like I pissed my pants in front of a few thousand people. But I've also learned something. You better check the real price.

I might get such a thingy in Chong Mek, Laos as a cheap Chinese copy, but obviously not in Thailand, with its intelligent foreign teachers who didn't learn how to read Thai in 15 years living here?

How could I blame Thais for not being able to speak English after learning it for many years?

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

true, thanks for sharing your total embarrassment, certainly provides wise words for those failing to speak Thai after many years in the Kingdom.

3. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

It wasn't my spoken Thai, that's okay. It was my laziness not to be able to read Thai and believing that such a phone would only be 3 K.

I didn't ask them how much the phone was, as I was sure that it's only 3 K. Stupidity pure, I know.