1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lang Suan, Chumphon

Discussion in 'Region Guides' started by po3try, 17 Jul 2012.

1. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

Lang Suan, Chumphon.

A small town in the mid-south of Thailand with easy access to the islands and close to the beach.

What's available for foreigners in regard to schools?

Only a few schools have foreign teachers. The majority are provided by a teaching agency but the place is growing quickly with it becoming a regular drop off point for the islands.

What are the costs of living there?

Not much on offer except townhouses. 4k should see you with a half decent one.

How about entertainment and social activities? Will I be the only foreigner in the city?

Very few of you. A couple of nice bars and restaurants to relax in. It was a close knit community when I worked there. and only a 30min drive/train ride to the bigger lights of Chumphon town. (and only a couple of hours from Koh Pan ngan etc)

Shopping and such?

There's a weekend market... and oddly I did find loads of old punk band t-shirts for sale.. but no.. no decent shopping.

Local Transportation?

Regular buses (both VIP and ghetto) to the islands and BKK. The train station is never far away with regular trains both North and South. There was a minivan to Koh Tao that left from the train station too.

Bikes were easy to hire in Chumphon town and drive back to Lang Suan.

Advantages of living there?

Small town, on the beach. really friendly people with easy access to the islands.

Disadvantages?

8hours from BKK, and that's if the train doesn't break down... which they do... very little farang food available. Everyone knows what your up to.

Final round up of the city, town or village

A beautiful town that is growing in popularity. if you love Thai food and the peace and quiet you'd love it.

2. po3try

po3try Thread Starter Guest

3. miika89

miika89 New Member

Hi man,

my name is mickael i just arrived in Lang Suan and i'm having some trouble on finding a decent room i mean with furniture and wifi do you have any advice?? cheers