1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new school won't make monthly tax payments

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Clown, 27 Jul 2013.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Got every Baht back last year - without doing anything (my wife handled that - try that at home :hilarious:)
    Now I would like to make the usual monthly contributions to avoid some fine later on. HR won't have it.

Has anyone with a Thai tax ID made contributions volontarily?

2. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

all things being equal, i would just as soon accrue the amount I would be expected to pay, and pay the bill when the tax is due. Otherwise you are giving the Thai government an interest free loan if you are paying taxes that you will not owe.

:no: I never fork over money I don't have to....

my newest contract has the school being responsible for paying my taxes :righton:

3. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Put away 1000 baht a month, the school can't stuff it up then. Remember you can claim wife, kids and parents on your tax, I think the biggest amount I had to pay the taxman in March was 2600 baht.

4. crew

crew Faber College Member

i believe you're still responsible for ensuring you pay the proper amount of tax and that no employment contract can usurp the national tax law. the school might do it for an employee but that doesn't free the employee of responsibility.

i also don't think it's a good idea to have the school do it. unless you review their deductions, there's a very good chance they'll try to skim a bit off the top--my former employer did. when three of us reported this and demanded a refund, the three of us didn't have our contracts renewed the next year. mind you, this was back in 2006.

5. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I file the tax the school pays .. no one is usurping anything

6. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

I've to get back later on this one as I'm not posting from my LT or DT but if I recall well, government educational institutions MUST deduct PIT from its employees and file it. Or.........am I mixing things up?

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

I do not work for a government institution. moreover, the school does file monthly on my behalf. At the end of the year, I fill out a return, sign it, hand it over to the school and they file the return. The school may do it electronically this year. But at no point along the way is there anything untoward in my contract. Every i is dotted, and every t crossed.

They pay all the taxes for me nothing to skim from me.... every month I receive my full salary, and at the end of the year the school foots the bill for my taxes... I am not sure what part of this is hard to comprehend. It should read exactly as straight-forward as it is.

Because they do pay the tax for me, I do make sure they are aware of my tax deductions... they are doing right by me, i have no interest in seeing them pay more than they should.

8. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

remember if you do pay tax yourself that life insurance, House payments, children and many other things are deductible

9. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

matters not who picks up the tab... these are deductible... :happy1:

10. crew

crew Faber College Member

sorry. i thought you stated that your contract makes the school responsible for paying your taxes.

ramses likes this.
  11. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Yes. Many allowances possible.