1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My TeacherReady story continues

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Cal Roy, 23 Apr 2016.

1. Cal Roy

Cal Roy Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi. Cal Roy here. My hard drive burned out so I had to get a new one. My password for this page was on that drive and I couldn't remember it. For some reason this website wouldn't let me reset my password using Facebook to enter so I just created a new name. Thus Cal Roy Returns.

Anyway, I have been writing about the Teacher Ready program that lets me get an American teaching credential online. I finished all my classes, was observed by my boss and so all I needed was to take, and pass, 3 state exams. Unfortunately, they can only be taken from within the US unless I am in the military, which I am not.

I took all three exams. The general knowledge exam is four parts. I passed one part and don't know about the other three. I didn't pass the ESOL exam because I didn't have a study book. Stupid me. And I did pass the professional knowledge exam. Thus. I passed two parts, failed one and don't know about 3 others.

What the program did give me was my third waiver, though I am reading here that the waivers have once again become fairly easy to get. I presume that gives me another 2 years. I will probably not go back to the US until next year (too expensive for this poorly paid teacher) and then I may just retire. I turn 62 in December and that lets me get Social Security.

bahn_farang and Stamp like this.
  2. trnwrk

trnwrk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update...

If you need to take the Praxis tests it is possible to due them here in Thailand. There are also many practice ESOL or ESL tests to be found online from Praxis or the MTEL tests. Let me know if you need help locating them. I have been mulling over the idea of returning to the USA next year and have been looking at some of these practice tests and taking a PRAXIS test in BKK.

3. Cal Roy

Thanks, Trnwrk. I will check them out. I doubt there is much difference. I have to take the Florida tests to get the state credential before I can run off taking Praxis and such. Florida apparently didn't want to spend the extra money to allow folks to take the tests outside the US.

4. trnwrk

trnwrk Well-Known Member

Copy that. Just let me know if I can assist.

Cal Roy likes this.
  5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

If you want, I can try to merge your old and new user name and provide a temporary password. Please let me know.

Cal Roy likes this.
  6. Cal Roy

Thanks, Stamp. I would like that. I would have written you offline but I can't do that until I am logged in. Catch 22.

7. Stamp

PM sent.

Cal Roy likes this.
  8. Stamp

All done, sir.

Cal Roy likes this.
  9. Stamp

Cal Roy likes this.