1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sub-forum for Graduate Diploma in Ed/ TP students

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by Stamp, 29 May 2016.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I've set up a new sub forum for members who are studying a Graduate Diploma in Teaching Profession/ Education Course or equivalent. Courses such as provided by IFUGAO, Nottingham and UniTEFL.

The sub-forum aims to provide information and material for fellow students.

Study material & information Graduate Courses | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

It's a closed group. Members interested in joining the group are kindly asked to send a message to member 'kruhjoe' who takes care of this sub-forum.

Current members who I know of who are sitting one of these courses are already made member of this group including the recent graduates.

portnoy58 and kruhjoe like this.
  2. kruhjoe

kruhjoe Well-Known Member

Thank you very much Stamp! I really appreciate your help.

I hope other members will also find this new sub-thread informative and useful.

My main emphasis will be on the Ifugao State University’s Diploma in Teaching Education (Ifugao DipTEd.) course (as this is the one I am myself attending), but of course, course-takers of other similar programs are also more than welcome to join the group and create their own threads for the graduate diploma in teaching/education courses they are studying.

My first intention is to upload all the study materials I have for this course (separating them into categories based on the different subjects and professors we have), so we can share tips and ideas on how to complete the assignments and any other experiences or opinions related to the face-to-face classes or other aspects of the course.

I’m really excited to start.

Welcome to all current and future members!

Regards,

Kruhjoe

Last edited: 29 May 2016
    Hey_ewe likes this.
  3. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Khun Stamp, really deeply appreciated. :thumbs up

Kruhjoe, could you please post/or send me the FORUM QUESTIONS - Developmental Reading

and the FINAL EXAMINATION - Developmental Reading questions.

I'm not attending f 2 f classes, because of my painful leg, so it's sometimes a little bit tricky to find out what has to be done.

Deadline is somewhere middle June and the last assignment for the first term, right?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cheers- :laughing5

4. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

you'll need to find them on your edmodo as group each batch will be different.

5. kruhjoe

Here you are: Developmental Reading_IFSU Syllabus_3rd Sem 2015-16.pdf - Google Drive

The Forum Questions and Final Exam are on pages 5-6.

However, this is why we created the new sub-forum, so all the files (that have been posted on Edmodo so far and even more) are available at one place. Have you got access to it yet?

sirchai likes this.
  6. sirchai

Thanks mate,

Just saw a file on Edmodo, a big thanks for your post. Are there any files posted on the "new sub forum link?" Sorry, need to go to bed, I'm completely burned out preparing my stressful days/week, including lesson plans.

Tomorrows gate duty, then a six hour straight day.

Wish you a great week, without stress.

Kindest regards from Sisaket,

Cheers.- :go10

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

open to those in degree programs other than the two listed here?

8. kruhjoe

Learners of all other similar graduate diploma in teaching/education courses are also more than welcome. If you would like to join the group, please let me know. Thanks.

sirchai and Stamp like this.
  9. kruhjoe

Here comes a slight new rule for newcomers; effective immediately. Any new members must have at least 10 'genuine' posts on normal forums here at TTA before they can request to join the private graduate diploma study group. Thank you.

Mister T, sirchai and Stamp like this.
  10. sirchai

I've just made a new thread, because this one doesn't seem to get reader's interest.

Considering that you're in Bangkok and you've started at the same time, you should have the same assignments that I've done and still got to do.

My last one was Adolescence and I'm again in the desert regarding thew questions. There's no way to receive an answer from Grace, you can only catch her on facebook and ask a few questions.

Mate, could you please post the questions for the two assignments, The Forum Questions and Final Examination for "The Teaching Profession"?

In addition, knowing that you're teaching, I guess you also have to create a folder with an evaluation of you by your school, letter of employment, plus various other stuff. That has to be done at the end of our course, right?

I hope that you're doing well and have a nice and long holiday. Stay healthy.

Regards,

Mike- Sisaket

11. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Sent Joe a PM. I was eventually accepted onto the PGCEi without a 'certified copy of degree certificate', which my uni refused to provide, because they have a ( not certified) copy of my transcripts. Sort of begs the question...

Anyway, enrolled yesterday so just waiting for my login to access Moodle.

bahn_farang likes this.
  12. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Nottingham? Moodle and the access to reading will blow your mind

sirchai likes this.
  13. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

If I can find it LOL. I'm at the 'Blue Castle' stage ATM, trying to find the pre-F2F coursework...

So many problems with IT systems - PGCE, new school & my mobile has an adware virus. :hilarious

14. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

Good luck Pet - please sing if I/we can offer any assistance. Keep this in mind:-

I quit my job in Thailand in the hope of starting a new job in China. I was perhaps naive in this matter as I ended up without a job as this original job fell through. Why is not really relevant to this thread. A better job has come through, however. I am not yet home and hosed but it is looking very promising .....

As I write I am sitting in a language school in Singapore. The company has an international school in China and they are flying me out tonight to start work immediately. I'll be based in a smallish city about 1 - 2 hours north of Shanghai. I am awaiting my flight details. The salary is a little south of 100,000 THB tax free, a bit less than twice what I earned in Thailand; it comes with a free apartment in a specially built facility for foreign workers - I have spoken to two teachers there who tell me it is quality accommodation; the school have said they will consider employing my wife, a Filipino, once my residence status is confirmed; my two kids will get free tuition; the school is an International Baccalaureate candidate at present. It's good for starters - oh my class has five students and my load is 27 @ 40 minute lessons, so a lot of contact but given the numbers shouldn't be unduly burdensome. I've spent the last 24 hours dealing with the company's executives and this makes me feel much more confident especially I have met some of my colleagues.

None of this would be happening if I hadn't got the PGCEi or some sort of equivalent credential.

I don't know what your plans are for the future but a combination of experience and academic credential(s) is going to boost your employability. So stick at it and good luck!

GanDoonToonPet, Stamp and sirchai like this.
  15. sirchai

But you gotta agree that Moodle rhymes well with Noodle.....