1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob to this site

Discussion in 'Welcome Newbies' started by johnnywadd, 17 Mar 2015.

1. johnnywadd

johnnywadd Thread Starter New Member

Hi all I'm a noob here - but not to teaching in Thailand. Spent 5 years teaching here before returning back to UK. Hope to be back next year in LOS. Lots of stuff has changed so just like to say hello all :-)

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:welcome to TT

3. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

4. johnnywadd

Hi all looks an interesting and in depth forum this - plenty of info, and no doubts I'll have some questions to put to you folk soon. Tell you the truth guys hoping to get back to Thailand next year after I've finished my degree in UK. I taught here from 2003 - 2008 previously with just a TEFL - but things started to get tough (visa runs). Then they stopped handing out 1 year non B visas unless you could present a degree etc. Anyways I'm bewildered by all the new changes culture courses, teaching diplomas etc.

5. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Welcome John, lots of good and up to date info from the crew on here. What was your nic on AF back then?

6. johnnywadd

Afraid I wasn't a member of that forum mate. There seemed to be just too much bickering between members so I kinda stuck to reading it. Furthermore, if I wanted to scare myself sh*tless and get paranoid I'd read the Thaivisa forum once in a while :smile: