1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obtaining Tax ID# - I think I already have one

Discussion in 'Tax issues' started by Corsair, 30 Aug 2013.

1. Corsair

Corsair Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Cut to the chase, I was looking over my paperwork on a Thai Visa card I have and noticed a 13 digit tax id number. Was this created for me when I obtained the card or more than likely we all obtain them when we open bank accts so we can pay tax on the interest.

At any rate, is this my one and only #? Will it change upon initial employment?

Am I lucky or are these #s handed out with glee?

Does having this # reduce my potential employers paperwork?

Finally, these...

Let's say I'm working for 30k. Who pays the tax? Should it be in the contract? Recourse if not paid? When if ever am I eligible for SS payout?

Can you file all at eoy or must you pay per quarter? Does me having wife, can we file jointly? Beneficial? Blah blah like that thanks ☺♥

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Below is a scan of the official tax-id card issued by the Revenue Department.

250_285_wm.jpg

It has to be agreed on in the employment contract. Some employers pay the employee's tax, others don't.

Filing Personal Income Tax (PIT) is done once a year before the 1st April following the taxable year.

250_285_wm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Apr 2015
  3. daiwill

daiwill Member

Is one issued by relevant school one works in or does it have to be applied for in person ?