1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of these days, one of this crazy old days..

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by sirchai, 24 Aug 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sabai Dee?

I just came back from my gate duty and found out that our students will be tested all day long. It must be test day four, or five this term.

Pratom one to six have to write some tests that should show what they've learned, or is it that they just don't know why they test them so often? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Unfortunately, do many miss their really needed English, science and math lessons and I'm free to do what I want. Time for me to get an idea about their grades for the midterm.

I'm not sad that I don't have to work, but I don't understand the importance of testing days in Thailand. I've never heard that students learn anything through testing them so often and it's just another brick in the wall of the educational system of Thailand.

The last test day ( all day long) was only about a month ago, how much did the kiddies learn in that time frame?

Learning by testing, or learning by doing? Okay, I might be wrong and just don't get it. Have a great day.

20160525_143503.jpg

Last edited: 24 Aug 2016
    DavidUSA and Stamp like this.
  2. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

Don't worry about testing days in Thailand. When a child is born in China they say, "congratulations, and the child only has 6,734 days until its college entrance test."

sirchai likes this.
  3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Sadly I have to teach tomorrow from 12.30 to 2.10 then thurs and fri off for the same reason as the kiddies bang thai tests all day long.

Btw sirchai ...yer not wrong.

sirchai likes this.