1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phitsanulok CEFR Seminar

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by natewill, 20 Aug 2016.

1. natewill

natewill Thread Starter Active Member

Soooo....who attended the CEFR seminar in Phitsanulok this weekend? Thoughts? I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours 5555.

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

There will be a CEFR seminar in Phetchaburi next weekend. I'm not a part of it. Lecturers will be a Filipino guy, aged 26 or so and a 1st year USA teacher aged 27 or so.

3. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

Tut tut Stamp, what are you suggesting?!

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

The chosen lectures are building up experience in teaching Thai kids at school and now have to teach Thai teachers of English how to improve the CEFR scores of themselves and their Thai students.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2016
    sirchai likes this.
  5. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

It's a difficult task to get them to speak, then to work in groups, etc....

You can take all your material and tests from the CEFR webpage and having internet is a must.

If all trainees come to the seminar with a notebook, it's a piece of cake.

After five seminars it became a sort of routine, but the first seminar is always the most difficult one.

The usual rate is 600/hour. If they offer 1 K per day, then you know exactly how much they pocket.

Seminars for Thai school directors are more fun, but also more cash. I had a group of 120 in a four day seminar to "prepare them for the ASEAN community." It was fun and successful, only happy faces....

On the last day they had to come up with a PPS presentation, given topic was "why should I bring my kids to your school"? They did a great job, but it was difficult to get them going, because they're used to give commands.

We stayed at the best hotel in Mukdahan and had free dinner at the finest Mekhong restaurants with some guys from educational office one Ubon.

The photo shooting at the end takes a while.

P.S. Really sad that you're not part of the team. You always meet some nice people and it's a lot of fun.

DSC01714.JPG

Stamp likes this.