1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please be careful when visiting the Isaan..........

Discussion in 'Residing in Thailand' started by sirchai, 9 Nov 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

That's just one of the dangerous places where rice farmers seem to believe that the street belongs to their rice field(s) and they really put the whole harvest on the road to dry.

Sometimes even also partly occupying the other lane as well. So where should you drive to at night when another vehicle's approaching you? You don't know that it's "only rice".

Unfortunately, did it rain cats and dogs two days ago and they' ll leave the rice there for at least one more week.

There's not even one light, sign to drive careful, or anything else that would warn you of the danger.

It's a very dangerous time of the year should anybody of you plan a trip to Isaan. I always make a right turn at this junction and there are always accidents happening. I'm only wondering why......

Drive safe.

Crazy farmers.jpg

Clown likes this.
  2. Clown

Clown Well-Known Member

I hear you. Add to that the usual attitude towards driving without lights.

It was a rainy morning after 5 am, but still dark, when I crashed my small motorcycle to avoid rear-ending an old man on his bicycle-"taxi" with no cats' eyes. There was damage to the bike and the rider behind me also went down.

Last night, bikers were speeding down our soi. There is a dog who stands in the middle of the road. I would be sick with worry if that was my pet. (Ugly as the 7 deadly sins, this dog lost half her fur). But then, do people take responsibility for "their" soi dogs?

dog on board!.jpg

3. SageAdvice

SageAdvice Well-Known Member

Offer your neighbors a tantalizing recipe :smiling.