1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly returning to Thailand.

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Mr Pete, 28 Jul 2016.

1. Mr Pete

Mr Pete Thread Starter Active Member

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen (It's the early afternoon here in the UK anyway),

It's been a while since I have been on this forum, I hope everyone has been keeping well. Wasn't sure which section to post this is, but seeing as the teacher's license is my biggest issue, I shall post it here.

As some of you may remember, I moved to Thailand in 2011 and long story short, I obtained my 1st waiver for a school that I didn't even start at. Obtained my 3rd waiver in August 2014. I had previousy been studying for Krusapha's tests which they then pulled. Around August 2015 I decided that I would be leaving Thailand after that school year to see how it goes back home in the UK, which is where I am now. I moved back at the end of May this year. I have been back in the UK for 2 months and I wouldn't say leaving Thailand was a mistake as I needed at least a long break, but I now feel ready to return and resume teaching. My issue however, is that I have now used 3 waivers.

If I were to return to Thailand what would be the best method and way to go about doing this? I am interested in studying whilst back there. Would it have to be a case of look for work in a language centre or university, and if employed by one of those establishments, then study for a diploma in Education? Would it be possible to enroll on a diploma course, then look for work in a Thai school and then apply for a 4th waiver? What do you think the chances would be of going about it this way? Would Krusapha take kindly to the fact that it would be a 4th waiver at a new school? I would be looking at moving to either bkk or Chiang Mai.

I know I have asked a lot of questions here in one go, but any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mr Pete.

2. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

First of all, welcome back to Thailand Teaching.

Have a look at the threads linked below. There's some information about 4th waivers.

Waiver Updates 2016 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Applying for a 4th waiver - loooking for advice | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Mr Pete likes this.
  3. Mr Pete

Cheers Stamp and thank you for the welcome back :)

How have you been?

Sorry mate, I should have said that I had looked through the threads before posting, I wasn't being lazy and posting before looking :)

It does seem positive from what I can see?

Daiwill posted this but unfortunately there hasn't been a response as of yet.

That is the situation I will be in, 4th waiver and new school. What is your opinion Stamp on the method of enrolling on a course, then obtaining employment, and then applying for a 4th waiver? Do you think that would be a realistic method?

4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Thailand can be addictive, right?

Please have a look at the Dip Ed course that'as offered by a university with an office in Bangkok.

Please read some threads here about the Ifugao university and see if that's something for you

Once you've signed up, the enrollment letter ( and I've received one from Grace, the woman who's dealing with all ) should be enough to get you a provisional license.

Anyway, I wish you best of luck.

Mr Pete and bahn_farang like this.
  5. Mr Pete

Blinding mate, thank you very much!

Mate, was thinking just that myself earlier..it is exactly like a drug! I'm having serious withdrawal right now haha :)

sirchai likes this.
  6. sirchai

Then go for it, mate. And don't miss your flight. Lol.....:go10

7. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Several reports on Thailand Teaching confirm that it is a realistic method.

Work is good, life is good. Celebrated last May my 14th anniversary of teaching in Thailand. Current teacher license is expiring in November 2016 and have already been granted the second teacher license valid from November 2016 until November 2021.

Thai teacher license renewal application 5 April 2016 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Mr Pete and sirchai like this.
  8. Cal Roy

Cal Roy Well-Known Member

I have been here 5 years but have only spent this last year in Bangkok. If I had started here back then, I would have gone back to the US and never looked back. England must be a pretty terrible place to be. I am looking to other countries to teach next year after I get my teaching credential from the US. I wish you luck getting what you want, though.

Mr Pete likes this.
  9. sirchai

Dear OP,

Please send an e-mail to Grace, the Filipino woman who's doing all the enrollments. She's really a nice person who'll be of great help.

It can take a while to get an answer, the woman is more than busy. Just take it easy.....

A new term has just started and you could start your enrollment. :cheers

No problem when you're in the UK. Here's her e-mail address: gracegalindez@yahoo.com

Have a good one. See you soon. :thumbs up

Mr Pete and Stamp like this.
  10. Mr Pete

Thanks very much mate, you're a diamond!

Don't suppose you would have a link would you mate as well to the website. I did a search for IFUGAO but I couldn't find much in terms of choices of courses etc. What proof did you need to supply also pal? I did have look but couldn't find much. I'd just like to have an idea of what i'm looking at, considering, and talking about before I email her. Maybe i'm looking at the wrong website.

Cheers buddy, much appreciated :)

11. Mr Pete

That's fantastic Stamp! Congratulation on 14 years, and a huge congratulations on obtaining youe second teacher license! Great work mate!! :)

Stamp likes this.
  12. sirchai

Please have a look here: St. Robert'sĀ Group of Companies - Home

https://www.facebook.com

Security Check Required

You need a BA in any field, they might want to have it certified, sometimes not. A Dip Ed takes only two terms a' 4 months, with only a few "face to face" lessons.

Currently possible places for the f2f lessons are Bangkok, Pattaya, Korat and Chiang Mai.

One term is 27.5 K, you can also pay them in monthly installments.

I guess all have started the process with getting in touch with Grace, then start with an enrollment form.

Take care. Cheers-

Mr Pete likes this.
  13. Mr Pete

That's brilliant pal! I really appreciate this! Thanks mate :) Don't suppose you'de know how to go about getting a degree certified? Is it possible to get it done whilst in Thailand. I'm looking online now and am I gonna be looking a bloody solicitor? Cheers pal.. Sorry for all the questions.. I am trying to look for myself but google is letting me down

Last edited: 30 Jul 2016
  14. sirchai

Sawasdee khrap, if I were you, I wouldn't waste too much time thinking about how to get your degree certified, there's a possibility that you don't have to.

I had to get mine, obtained at a German university many moons ago certified by my embassy. I've got the Thai translation certified as well, but it's more than fair when they want to make sure that my degree is real.

I've read of quite a few teachers where no certification had to be done. I've just checked my old e-mails and found the enrollment form, Grace had sent me beginning of this year.

You could fill the form out, then send it to Grace's e-mail address and a copy of your degree plus transcripts. Again, please just wait, she'll answer you, even if it takes a few weeks.

That might be the fastest way and she''ll let you know if they want anything certified or not.

Just take it easy, they also take people "on board" who apply a couple of weeks later.

Please see attached enrollment form, please let me know if the download of it works out for you. If not, I've got the form in MS office format.

Have a great weekend and think about the future. Time is relative....

Attached Files:

Mr Pete likes this.
  15. Mr Pete

Yes, the download worked mate!

That's super mate, thank you so much for your help with this. Cheers pal!

Have a great what is left of the weekend mate :)

Thanks again, I appreciate it :)

sirchai likes this.