1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I be getting excited over this?

Discussion in 'Classroom' started by Fatty, 27 Oct 2016.

1. Fatty

Fatty Thread Starter Member

Right

Just came back from an interview from a well known school in Thailand which I won't name. At the end, they asked me to sign copies of my passport and certificates. They even asked me if I had any passport photos on me.

Now, I get that Thai schools usually ask for certain documents at interview, but isn't signing them only relevant for processing a work permit? They've said they'll let me know within a few days if I've got the job or not. I thought the interview went 'ok' but it was anything but perfect. I was interviewed by five 'high-ups' and I've always hated panel interviews. I can usually handle 'one on one' interviews pretty well, but something about panel interviews makes me nervous.

Anyhooz, I just don't want to get my hopes up too early. Anyone had to sign stuff without being offered the job?

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Yes once I did some 12 years ago same copy of passport and copy of degree signed and a photo ....no, I didn't get the job lol. But hey hopefully I'm a one off and that was a one off occasion too ...so bloody good luck and I hope you do have the job in the bag.

Clown and Fatty like this.
  3. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

There's no reason signing any copies of the passport and certificates unless they are attachments of the employment contract.

Wangsuda, Ajarn P. Paul and sirchai like this.
  4. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

It really sounds odd to sign your passport copies and documents, but not a contract?

But hope is the last that dies. Good luck.

Fatty and Ajarn P. Paul like this.
  5. Fatty

Didn't get it! Got on well with all of the panel, apart fron one old Thai battleaxe who seemed to hate the very air I breathed for some reason.

However, I was offered a job elsewhere within 24 hours. Therefore, Thai schools asking you to sign copies of your stuff really does mean nowt sometimes!

Not too happy that they've got loads of my personal stuff now for no real reason though. Nosey buggers.

Stamp likes this.
  6. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Oh bugger ! Now I feel I've jinxed you .....sorry to hear the first bit of news.....
    .... but better now to hear the rest.
    Sometimes it really is for the best. GL with your new job.

Fatty likes this.
  7. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Best of luck.

Fatty likes this.
  8. Fatty

Cheers guys :)

9. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Cheers and good luck with your new job.

It's certainly a bad sign when they tell you that they get back to you. " We call you" is always a no.