1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siam International Rangsit

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by pathumseb, 13 Jun 2014.

1. pathumseb

pathumseb Thread Starter New Member

Seeing as I love Rangsit I thought I would apply there.
    The school has a colorful history, any updates?

2. gp2002

gp2002 New Member

If you like:

- a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx owner
    - being paid late EVERY month
    - non-disciplined students
    - being paid a VERY low salary with ZERO benefits
    - students having their grades changed
    - students smoking on campus

Then you will like it here. My advice to you is..............STAY AWAY!!

Last edited by a moderator: 23 Jul 2014
    po3try likes this.
  3. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

you forgot to add a postal address!

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Post #2 has been edited.

5. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

Not a happy camper there, shudder to think what had to be edited out.

Keep looking Seb, there are plenty of others.:wai3:

6. Farang_Ba

Farang_Ba Active Member

I can relate to gp2002, I've been at schools where I felt the same way! Luckily the salary was decent, but there were still many problems!

7. gp2002

gp2002 New Member

I'm not sure my post was edited......if you are stating the truth and have proof of that, what's the problem?

We haven't been paid our JUNE salaries yet. Just more lies that it's coming next week. It's pathetic.

8. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

Your message wasn't truly edited: we still are able to understand it and to figure your exasperation.

Think of it: we are interested by the facts, no need for bad words, no matter how xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the owner.

Good luck :wai3:

9. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I briefly met a friend of a friend who worked there 5 years ago. He wasn't paid for 3 months then left. He was on the bones of his arse so had to be helped out by friends who kindly paid for his fan room in Pattaya; how else is a man supposed to eat? :smile2:

The story I heard is that a husband & wife team owned the school. 'Something' went wrong, they closed the school & didn't pay the teachers. The Thai teachers then took the school to court & won with the foreign teachers piggybacking on the win.

The husband / wife separated, with one reopening the old school & the other opening a new school opposite.

The story continues... :smile:

10. gp2002

gp2002 New Member

The owner now claims he has no money to pay salaries (he drives around in his new Mini Cooper and BMW) yet he's holding on to the school. I believe the family who owned the school before want to buy it from him but he won't sell.

There is no Principal (he is looking to hire one by offering 60,000 baht) so the students (all 85 of them) pretty much "run the asylum".

11. NODIIT

NODIIT Well-Known Member

What an ugly story.
    Are you actually still working in the school?

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

That school is very near where I live. I went for an interview there once, something about the place just didnt seem right. I think its just another pig in makeup of a school. It 'looks' impressive but dig a little deeper and you find out that the condtions and salaries are not worth it. Just another example of Thailands fixation on making things look good....but having very little substance to back it up. Your run of the mill private school or government school would be less hassle and not much less in salary.....

Not worth it. Dont encourage them.....

13. Dubarry

Dubarry Active Member

I also did an interview at this school. Although I told them I could not teach (nor have the qualifications) grade 10, 11 and 12 physics they wanted me to have a look at the curriculum and come back and give a class demonstration. Pay offered was 48k, 20 classes a week, helping out with games and study until 8pm. thrown in to stop any thought of extra work.
    I declined graciously..............:popcorn:

14. gp2002

gp2002 New Member

Not any longer. I, along with about 10 others, were asked to take a 25%+ salary decrease (from an already LOW salary), so needless to say we declined. That, coupled with the salary always being paid late made for an easy decision.

From the road, the buildings look great. At one point, about six or seven years ago, there were over 400 students but now, there's about 80-85.

15. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

@ gp2002 - thanks for the update.