1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tourist Visa So how many times can I fly into Thailand?

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Tommo_Farang, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Tommo_Farang

Tommo_Farang Thread Starter New Member

So I arrived here in January and completed my 30 day visa and got an extension of another 30 days at Jontiem immigration.

My visa will expire soon and I was thinking to just fly in and out of Thailand and repeat the process of another 30 day extension at chaeng watana immigration.

This will give me another 60 days to get a job sorted etc.

Can anyone see any issues with this?

2. Tommo_Farang

Tommo_Farang Thread Starter New Member

3. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Not sure about the current immigration ruling about tourist visas. I'm from ASEAN, and the rules are different for us. To tell the truth, government rules and regulations changes just keep my head spinning.

4. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

None at all. Have a couple of friends here that have sailed through the government changes and eh hem crackdowns for 5 years or so just on tourist visas. Doing a couple in and outs is no problem. If you want to milk the tourist visa system, I have been told exit at various points e.g. alternate between say Laos and Malaysia ....seems to keep them happy.

5. gungchang

gungchang Over the hill for at least the 6th time!

I would get a tourist visa at an embassy or consulate instead of taking what you can get on arrival (unless you're Korean and get six months, etc.).

Flying and spending a few days away seems to disguise visa runs.

Singapore and KL are both cheap flights and have public trsnsportation.