1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Template letter to cancel Non-B visa / extension

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by nonphixion, 20 Mar 2016.

1. nonphixion

nonphixion Thread Starter Member

Does anything like this exist? I am not looking forward to discussion with the visa chap at school tomorrow asking him to make this letter as it will invariably go around in a circle and take much longer than needs be.

Are there any examples online that I could print off to show him what I require?

Additionally how far in advance can I ask them to post-date the cancellation? I am hoping to go on Wednesday and have the letter say my contract will finish on April 9th. Will this be possible?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

2. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

The link to the WP forms is here:

Work Permit WP.1, WP.5 and Cancellation Forms From The Ministry of Labour - 07/2014 | Thailand Teaching Asia - Living and Teaching in Thailand

Although I'm pretty sure the school will do this for you. :smile

No sure about the WP but you'll then need to go CW to cancel the extension & that can be post-dated. :yes

BTW you'll need a letter from the school, stating the final day of working, to cancel the extension. Also you may not be allowed to exit @ Nong Khai without the cancellation stamp in your passport.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2016
  3. SundayJam

SundayJam Well-Known Member

I've written my own letter and had the school sign and ink it. I only used it at immigration to change to another visa twice before. Would this suffice at a land exit as well? (Nong Khai)

4. nonphixion

Sent a message to the visa guy and this was his reply

"Cannot do in Thailand, must cross the border"

And this bloke is hired to look after the foreign teacher's visa issues.......

Thank you for both replies, I have sent him another message, let's see what he says in response.

5. SundayJam

I've just written another letter for my boss to sign today. I will take this to Immigration 1 at Chaengwattana for a change of visa. This will be the 3rd time I've done this.

Essentially it reads: Please cancel the non-b visa for .... his contract ends March 31, 2016 and he has completed all of his duties.

You can leave Thailand on a flight to cancel a non-b, but you can't leave via land.

6. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

I know what you mean but you can leave Thailand by any route on a 'B' but will not be allowed to leave, without a cancellation stamp or letter, at some land border crossings if you have an extension of stay based on work. :smile

Stamp likes this.
  7. nonphixion

The visa guy finally backed down after being told off by the boss, letter has been done!

Fingers crossed everything will go to plan on Friday at Immigration

Stamp and GanDoonToonPet like this.
  8. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

9. sirchai

sirchai Well-Known Member

Not true. I remember a very clever Indian woman who worked as a Indliish teacher in lower north east.

She "forgot" to do it, didn't pay tax and drove to Bangkok with a plane ticket, just to find out that she had to go back and cancel her work permit, plus doing her tax clearance.. Not even her husband, a real professor who hit the kids in a dramatic way knew that. I'm glad that both had lost their jobs.

10. SundayJam

Anyway, I just had my work visa cancelled at the end of March with a letter from the school director to Immigration 1 and then got a temporary extension until April 7. After which I left Thailand by land at Nong Khai. There were no problems. I am currently on a 2 month tourist visa until my new work visa paperwork is completed by my school.

Last year, I left by air to visit home without cancelling my visa and was granted a tourist visa upon return at Suvarnabhumi.