1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thai teacher license renewal application 5 April 2016

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by Stamp, 5 Apr 2016.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

Today I went in person to The Teachers' Council of Thailand to renew my teacher license. My teacher license expires on 24 November 2016. Yes, yes, it's already four and a half years ago that I got it.

I read that it has to be done at least 180 days prior expiration. As that would be the end of May in which all teachers would be busy because of the semester start, I decided to do it now.

The documents below is what I submitted.
    • Application form KS.02
    • Qualification Declaration for KS.10
    • Copy of the passport
    • Copies of
      • Participation at a seminar of the Institute of Academic Development (IAD) about CEFR
      • Participation at a seminar of Stamford International University about Classroom Management and Cross-cultural Management
      • A certificate of being a guest speaker at a provincial ERIC (English Resource and Instruction Center) for Thai teachers of English issued by the Educational Service Area of MOE
      • A certificate of being an instructor for EIS (English of Integrated Studies) at a 3-days workshop for Thai science and mathematics teachers of Prachuab Khiri Khan province issued by the coordinating school
      • A certificate of being an instructor for EIS (English of Integrated Studies) at a 2-days workshop for Thai science and mathematics teachers of Prachuab Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Samut Songkhram and Samut Sakhon provinces issued by the Educational Service Area of MOE
    All submitted documents were stamped with the school's seal and signed by the academic director while the KS.02 also had a stamp with the academic director's name and function.

I took a queue number and was called after less than 10 minutes. The friendly female official asked me for copies of my degree, transcript and work permit. Told her that I didn't have copies of my degree and transcript with me. The only thing I had with me was my original work permit so went to the copy shop to get some copies. The package got an ID and I was sent to another building to pay the 200 THB fee. Got a receipt and went back to the official to return the package and show the receipt. All was done!

The official told me that the new teacher license would arrive at school within two months. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

2. Garden

Garden Much ado about nothing

Wait! What? You mean the official agreed just like that? That usually means it is a done deal, doesn't it.
    Congratulations, Stamp!

How many hours of PRO-D do you think you got in total then in order to secure this verbal approval from the official?

On the other hand, perhaps KSP is too busy to count the raw hours, but rather would like to see a variety of certificates which in turn might reasonably indicate a lot of time of Pro-D and therefore shows evidence of a driven and motivated teacher?

What do you think Stamp?

Kind regards,
    Heiko

P.S. I have done the ERIC, too. But now the Educational Service Areas of MOE have been dismantled, haven't they. Does it still count you think?

Last edited: 5 Apr 2016
    Stamp likes this.
  3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Nice one Stamp, nice for something to go smoother for a change eh.

Stamp likes this.
  4. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

When I renewed my license, the wonderful people at KSP wanted to see pictures of me teaching and participating in school activities, in addition to the renewal forms. I didn't need to produce copies of degrees or transcripts.

Stamp likes this.
  5. Stamp

I take it that my documents passed the preliminary check of which I am already glad. I'm sure the next stage will be that other people will look thoroughly at the submitted papers.

About 16 hours in seminars and about 24 hours in training Thai teachers.

To be honest, I've no idea but as told, I'll keep you posted.

That the Educational Service Areas are cancelled doesn't mean that its functions and services have been cancelled. It's the organisation and management structure that has changed. My direct colleague and office neighbour is the provincial ERIC coordinator and I haven't heard that also ERIC has been dismantled.

Thanks for this, Wangsuda.

We'll have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted.

6. chuachinsoon

chuachinsoon Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I'm applying for a course in a Masters in English. Would that help as a license renewal?

7. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

yup

8. Mati

Mati Well-Known Member

Wonderful to hear all the good news about teachers' licences. Just for the record, we are not talking about a teaching permit here, are we?

Stamp likes this.
  9. Stamp

Teacher license. Not provisional teaching permit (waiver).

Mati likes this.
  10. Mati

Mati Well-Known Member

Ok, noted ;) I had a great reception at Khurusapha desk for my PTP waiver, where I was peering over the high counter through a small gap, at the official thumbing through my stack of papers and without a further look at me nor my appearance I got a promissory note for two year waivers.

Mister T likes this.
  11. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Well-Known Member

Congratulation my friend. :thumbs up

I honestly thought that you must have renewed already, given that you started taking 'the tests' back in 2006 (?).

Did they ask you for proof of 5 years' teaching experience since your original licence? Something I remember about a requirement for this, which may have been regarding being grandfathered in...

:drinking

Stamp likes this.
  12. Stamp

:thai wai
    Got my teacher license in November 2011 and started with test #1 in December 2007.
    Funnily, not at all. Meaning I could have been unemployed from 2011 until 2014 and showing the 2015/2016 work permit. A loophole I've never thought about. Clever man is what you are!

13. GanDoonToonPet

An hour in pain seems equal to a minute spent with a beautiful woman; the passage of time is relative.

No, Rain Man is what I am. I obsess about every detail & worry myself to an early grave about this shit; clutching chest...

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not having a heart attack, I was joking for... I don't know why.

14. Stamp

It looks like my teacher license renewal has been approved.

Capture_201_bl.jpg

:bouncing

Last edited: 29 Apr 2016
    Mati, ramses, sirchai and 2 others like this.
  15. GanDoonToonPet

Congratulations & Celebrations. :celebrate2

Actually, the biggest surprise is that that website still works... :huh

Stamp likes this.