1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thai Teaching License Questions

Discussion in 'Teacher Licensing (TCT)' started by cassette_tape, 12 Jul 2016.

1. cassette_tape

cassette_tape Thread Starter Member

Hello gang,

I used to post quite a bit on this forum when I was applying for my third waiver and then waiting for the a Thai Culture Course.

Long story short is that my current school is about to apply for my Thai Teaching License on my behalf and I would like to know how long after application process does it take for the "gold card" to arrive. As I type this, I have been offered a position at an international school and I would like to accept; but I don't want to foil my chances of becoming fully certified by jumping the gun. After a Google search, I see some folks having waited about 2 or 3 months, is this still the case?

I am near the end of my 3rd waiver and I also would like to know once I get my TTL, am I free to work at any school that accepts me for the next 5 years? Or is their another series of rules and regulations that will prevent me from being a free agent.

Thanks.

2. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

The license belongs to you, not the school (and any entity that tells you otherwise is full of crap). When I first got my license it took about five months. My renewal took seven weeks. In short, once you get the license, it is yours. You can work at any school. You are responsible for its renewal. You are a free agent.

3. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

You apply for the license.
    You get a letter that says your application has been accepted.
    The yellow card and certificate appear about 3-4 months later.

4. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

5. cassette_tape

cassette_tape Thread Starter Member

Thanks for the responses!

6. KhruRandy

KhruRandy Member

For the purpose of a Thai teachers license, does Thailand recognize all foreign credentials? What is the protocol for turning foreign credentials into Thai credentials?

7. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

KhruRandy and Stamp like this.