1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Thai Police Clearance Service Center - Police Background Check

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Stamp, 3 Sep 2015.

1. Stamp

Stamp Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

gungchang, Mister T and bahn_farang like this.
  2. Malot Mabansay

Malot Mabansay New Member

What if I am in Phuket? Should I go to the Tourist Police and get one or can I apply online?

3. Stamp

4. JimB

JimB Member

I know Chiang Mai teachers who have applied via this police office located along the Mae Rim Road close to City Hall in Chiang Mai. It costs 100 THB, they take finger prints, send the forms to Bangkok and you collect a week or two later from the same office in Chiang Mai.

?ٹ????٨????ѡ?ҹ 5

The MoE Chiang Mai (Area 1) office has recently started requesting a police clearance (don't know if it's all schools/teachers and whether it's a permanent or temporary local or national requirement) before issuing the permission letter for non-immigrant B applications. They accept the clearance above.

Letters were sent to Chiang Mai schools around April this year informing schools that UK passport holders would need to obtain an ICPC. In August another letter was sent out informing schools a local police check would be accepted instead of the ICPC.

If an ICPC is requested, the application process is about as complicated as a passport application. However, it can be obtained by post by working UK teachers in Thailand. UK teachers don't need to visit the UK to apply.

"The ICPC is available on application to any UK national or non-UK national previously resident in the UK who is seeking to work overseas with children."

https://www.acro.police.uk/icpc/

Stamp likes this.
  5. Stamp

Thanks for this. :thumbs up

6. aussieajarn

aussieajarn New Member

Thanks for the info, JimB. I went looking for the police office you describe but I couldn't find it. I went to Chang Pauk Police Station, but they didn't know anything about it. I couldn't find another police station near City Hall. Can you give us a bit more information, please, because i don't want to go to BKK for this.

7. aussieajarn

aussieajarn New Member

8. aussieajarn

aussieajarn New Member

Thanks for the info, JimB. Can you be more specific about where the police station is? I went to the Chang Pauk Police Station just a bit closer to town but they didn't know anything about this. I looked around near City Hall but I couldn't find another police station there.

9. Stamp

:welcome2

10. JimB

JimB Member

They may have moved to an office along the irrigation canal near the road that leads to Huay Tung Tao. I cycled along there last weekend and saw a building labeled something like forensic 5. This is their website but probably isn't much help unless you can read Thai.

http://www.scdc5.forensic.police.go.th/

I'll ask around and get back to you.

Stamp likes this.
  11. JimB

JimB Member

I was told that it hasn't moved. It's still opposite Lanna Golf Course along the Mae Rim Road.

Stamp likes this.
  12. Templeton

Templeton Member

Serious question, pleas regard as serious.

I have a "friend" who may have a warrant. If he does it's either criminal or bench in the US. He's not a murderer; it's likely just some tickets or a possible no show to court at one time in his life. Anyway, would this show up on a background check? He may need to get clearance for a job/visa in the near future....

13. Templeton

Templeton Member

14. ttompatz

ttompatz Just another teacher

If he needs an FBI check it will likely show up by NOT reporting "no record found".
    What it will report will depend on the nature of the warrant the offense was issued for.

If he just needs a local or state level then choose a different state and no worry.

15. Wangsuda

Wangsuda Nonentity Staff Member

I am 90% certain it won't show up on a Thailand-based background check, offered by the RTP. They are concerned about stuff that has happened here. As for a home country check, I got one earlier this year. I did one for my home state only. My clearance letter states:
    Take from that what you will. I assume they looked for a history of convictions.