1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The two home quandary

Discussion in 'Visas and extensions of stay' started by Cal Roy, 30 Sep 2016.

1. Cal Roy

Cal Roy Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I got my marriage visa last year based on my wife's house in Samut Prakarn where I was living at the time. Then I got a job downtown and needed to find an apartment closer to the train. The house was a 40 minute drive to get me to my 45 minute train ride. It is an apartment without a washer or kitchen, though, so we go home every weekend. My wife went to do my 90 day report today and wanted to use the apartment as my residence since I spend over half my time there. Imm says, "you in a heep a trouble, boy" but she neglected to mention that I live in SP on the weekend.
    Could they possibly make this any more difficult? We are now considering just leaving and moving to Taiwan or even Czech Republic. I don't know what is going to happen to me but I am flexible now as I make my living online. Forget Thai schools.

2. DavidUSA

DavidUSA Well-Known Member

Do you mind sharing how you make your living online?

3. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

you have to 90 day report in the district that you live, so even though I live in Samut Prakarn and my work is in Bangkok I *should* 90 day report at Samut Prakarn. The fact that my school does it for me suggests that maybe I don't...

Cal Roy likes this.
  4. Cal Roy

Cal Roy Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments. Sorry. Got busy with work to get back. We went to Chang Wattana yesterday and my wife told the officer my case about where I live. Rather than giving me grief about it, she nodded, stamped the paperwork and sent me on my way. I guess I officially live in Bangkok now.

I work for an online school called VIPKID and I am making $20 an hour with bonuses and such. PM me if you want to know more. I have been with them for a year now and have no plans to go anywhere else.

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

:welcome2