1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trinity International

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by GanDoonToonPet, 14 Apr 2014.

1. GanDoonToonPet

GanDoonToonPet Thread Starter Well-Known Member

I've got an interview next week with 'TRIS' & was excited at first. However, after browsing their faculty page on the WS I'm not so excited. They offer 50k which isn't bad but 90% of their 'farang' teachers only have BA degrees & outside the core subjects Indians & Filipinos dominate.

Are they nothing more than a glorified EP? They charge hundreds of thousands in fees like the Satits but don't offer anthing extra IMO / IME.

They're WASC accredited, which (largely according to Poetry) doesn't mean much. They also follow the 'California' curriculum which I know nothing about. If they were IB or iGSCE I might consider it, as a thin end of the wedge way in, but I think I'll stick with my latest plum EP offer. :smile:

2. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

it's not that WASC doesn't mean much it's just that it is very easy for some schools to apply for it and keep it a few years before ever really being accredited.

it's not WASC that I ever had a problem with... it's the way some 'international' schools exploit it.

- - - Updated - - -

is it an esl position? 'cos they seem to be all 'Filipino' according to the site.

50k seems decent.

their ESL page makes me want to vomit though.

3. GanDoonToonPet

Only relying on your info buddy, as a fellow Bottom fan. :smile:

Siam International pay 40k FFS. My new EP gig next month pays 70k tax free so forgive me for kicking TRIS into touch. If they had an IB curriculum maybe....

What do you you think Po?

4. evl

evl Active Member

Maybe I'm missing something about the structure of their classes: what's so bad about assessing and improving a student's English ability before putting them in an environment where they're expected to have a certain level of English? Would it be better that they dump all new students in the same class irrespective of their English ability? I'm all for mixed-ability classes, but if they can't understand the teacher then it's not going to do them much good.

5. GanDoonToonPet

Not as much as this:

Sorry, I've just escaped from a cult school run by a crazy christian bitch.

6. evl

evl Active Member

It's got me wanting to study there so I can put "SPACE program graduate" on my CV! Do you think there's any religious education there? If they'd managed to put the word "Christian" in there a couple more times I'd be more certain.

7. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

then i wouldn't even consider TRIS. Go EP!

- - - Updated - - -

I just didn't like the style of writing (at 4am when i read it :hilarious:) and the mandatory summer school seems rather punishment like..