1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird restaurants with good food?

Discussion in 'Wining & Dining in Thailand' started by kardisa, 12 Jun 2013.

1. kardisa

kardisa Thread Starter Member

I'd like to surprise my husband with a fun dinner out this weekend, but I'm not really sure where to go. He likes weird places, and I've been thinking about taking him to Por Kung Pao Seafood (where you can catch your own shrimp) but it's in the ass-end of nowhere. Does anyone know about similar, weird dining experiences that are closer to central Bangkok? The less touristy, the better.

2. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

It won't be a surprise if he reads this..:biglaugh:

3. kardisa

Hahaha, he won't. He's anti-internet forum...unless it's reddit.

4. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

here are my recommendations - depending on where you are and what you consider 'weird'
    Hajime - a funky Japanese place where robots serve you food - located on Rama 3 in Monopoly Park
    Royal Dragon - bizarre (a bit touristy) seafood place that has waiters on roller skates and thai dance and thai boxing massive place - located in bang na

or you can take him to a Thai style 'cabaret' show - both weird and Thai -but once again a lot of foreigners

Pratunam has a lot of odd eateries in that area as well

What else? No Hands - a japanese restaurant where you are fed (have only heard about this - so IDK)
    There is also a restaurant that serves you food based on things like your horoscope or blood type or personality, but I have no idea where it is - that seems very weird...

I enjoy unique dining experiences, but have not had any in a while

Oh- highly recommended - Escapade Burgers & Shakes. It is an experience to be sure (and few if any falang - but the Thai clientele speak fluent English - so that is even a bigger mind-blower). The food and drinks are great... every drink is custom made - all you do is tell them the liquor you want and and how you like your drink, and they do the rest. completely different from anything you have ever had - drinkwise.

5. kardisa

Thanks, ramses! :cheers2:

Looks like we'll have to check all of those out at some point.

6. po3try

po3try Guest

7. ramses

ramses Well-Known Member

The Shock restaurant. It is a ghost themed restaurant, complete with a walk through display of photographs that have ghostly images on them. Very Thai, and quite odd. it is off Lat Phrao and is open til 4 am... also, a good place to drink, and is open til 4 am.

8. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

any good?

9. po3try

po3try Guest

i've read good things about it but i like to know what i'm eating so wouldn't eat there..