1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Schools you want to talk about' started by sirchai, 13 Sep 2016.

1. sirchai

sirchai Thread Starter Well-Known Member

2. portnoy58

portnoy58 Well-Known Member

Don't know the area but sounds like a decent job.

sirchai likes this.
  3. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Umm, not enough info about what is offered.
    Roi-et lived there for 3 months out in the sticks of the province, was about the most unexciting town I've ever been to.

4. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

where is the job for? 555

Muang Roi-Et School ; Roi-Et province. Northeastern part of Thailand, 500 Kilometers from BKK , Muang Roi-Et School is a government public school, in Roi-Et province; northeastern region of Thailand.

5. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

- A candidate with a degree in Education will be very difficult.
    - I think Pantita Al Battah is not Thai.
    - I think Pantita Al Battah is a recruiter or agent.

6. portnoy58

....she's maybe married to a non-Thai?

Stamp likes this.
  7. Stamp

Stamp Administrator Staff Member

Okay.

8. sirchai

But then you wouldn't have this part: " The teacher will be employed directly by the school. "??

"SKYPE" helped a little to find out that it's a 12 month contract. But I couldn't find out if it's a 12 month paid contract.

The voice didn't really sound 100 % Thai. Investigation continues, if anybody has got some information about this place, please be so kind and post it. Thanks a lot.

Their facebook page and two photos.

Muang Roi ET.jpg

Muang Roi ET the school.jpg

Last edited: 13 Sep 2016
  9. portnoy58

The 12 month contract is always a point of contention. I really don't think Thai law allows you to make a full time job temporary. It doesn't stop 90% of contracts being for 12 months ....

10. sirchai

Pretty funny to see the same ( poor) "intelligent boards" on the one photo. Our school bought four of them, but they've to be centered, or they're useless.

Shitty Chinese software does the rest. The big man wanted them for a special reason, school paid 50 K for one, but some "insiders" told me that one is 25 K.

It's always in the way for other teachers and occupying both, the white and the blackboard.

No idea why I get the feeling that it's a similar project trying to generate good money by using one foreign teacher for a few classes. And I'm sure not just for science and math...

The fact that it's not in the city makes it even more suspicious. I know what I'm talking about because I made the mistake to sign up at the wrong little wannabe school that "eats a lof of money."

I had the pleasurable job to set up an EP without a curriculum, no help from somewhere else, 99 % lies, in my third year never a pay raise, always more work, kids who shouldn't be allowed to study in an EP, some of them with huge disorders and quite a few other disturbing facts.

The two experienced NES teachers after one cruel year have never arrived and neither do the kids receive a great education, nor do I feel good at this place. It's frightening in the morning, when leaving my home, knowing what will happen.

Our meetings that include all English teachers are always conducted in Thai. If something goes wrong, it's the foreigner who messed it up. Please be careful when applying for such a position, it can really make you sick and create psychological problems.

My gut feeling just tells me no. Should anybody on this forum know the school and it's a great place, please post it.

What if the new teacher has to teach 24 hours/week and clean the classrooms every day?

Nothing is impossible and I won't offer a shitty job to a friend, who's currently in China.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2016
  11. Hey_ewe

Hey_ewe Well-Known Member

I know nothing about the school. I was in Roi Et a few years ago and it's fair to say Roi Et has come on quite a bit since I was last there. Much more developed than a few years back, quite a few nice Thai bars, restaurants coffee shops than there was in the past. There are a few foreign bars around the lake area too. 40k a month would be a good salary in Roi Et.

Some agencies take a finders fee or a cut of the salary, even when the teacher has a direct contract with the school, no idea why they set it up like that, but I've come across a couple of people in that scenario over the last few year.

sirchai likes this.
  12. tiredtony

tiredtony Well-Known Member

Looks ok if you want to live in the middle of nowhere. Why not go for Ubon R? Much bigger with more to offer and I see 35K+ offered everywhere.

13. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

what if it's the most welcoming school in the history of the world?

sirchai likes this.
  14. sirchai

"Nothing is free. " Even when they have to cremate my body here one day, it won't be free.

15. sirchai

I'm on my way to get more and more information by using Skype and add more and more questions, always being a different applicant. You'll never get all information, but I'm doing my best to make sure that it's worth to go there for an interview.

I never said that it's a bad school, but i do know how some schools out in the sticks are managed.

No entrance examination that you've got kids who're on the same level, money buys a place into such an EP. I was hoping to get some information here from people who know the place and the circumstances a potential teacher would walk in.

There's a guy who was a Mod on the other forum for quite a while and i think I'll send him a prvt. message. He got sick and needed a very long time to recover and I think it's a great idea to send him a text, as he's living in Roi Et.

Youngish and not such an asshole as so many others like deadly met.

The position is for a younger American and he's quite a sensitive guy who'd run away if there're too may problems. i hope that explains my concerns.

Sorry for the long bla bla bla.