1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Graduate Diploma in Ed/TP would you advise me?

Discussion in 'Qualifications & Courses' started by Mr. Chips, 29 May 2016.

1. Mr. Chips

Mr. Chips Thread Starter Active Member

Can I cut to the chase a bit before I waste anyone's time? Which of the 2 is cheaper (and easier....assuming these are the most suitable to choose from when attempting to obtain the TCT license)....IFUGAO or Nottingham? I am halfway thru the second waiver and I doubt anyone knows for sure what will happen with the third application?

Thank you kindly!

2. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

Cutting to the chase.... 190 000 for Nottingham. It would be possible to do it easy, but doing it well would require a lot of work. To be honest, having spent that much money you might swell do it well.

If you are half way through a waiver, you may find that the next Bkk intake in October is too late for your needs.

There are other considerations except price and level of ease. World wide recognition of which program you consider, history of past participants career path post graduation, your locality and a shed load of other things. All of which no doubt will be covered by Kruhjoe and participants of his threads

3. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

IFUGAO is 55k.

4. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

not a consideration for me as I only lan on teaching in Thailand.

other peoples careers are not an interest of mine.

5. bahn_farang

bahn_farang Well-Known Member

The point I was making was it might be worth looking into what doors and where those doors have been opened.

As you say it is a personal decision.

For me the decision was based on amongst other things:

the possibility of teaching elsewhere (international recognition)
    my current location (Living in northern Thailand would have made the necessary face to face classes impractical and expensive)

Last edited: 29 May 2016
  6. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

If you're married to a Thai national....possibly have kid/s, enjoy living/teaching here and want to gain a teachers licence I say go for IFUGAO, as the cost is reasonable, and it will get you what you want. If Thailand is part of an overall plan of travelling around Asia for a few years and then heading back to the West, maybe do the Nottingham qualification or similar. This makes sense to me.

I have just finished the IFUGAO qualification and am happy enough with the fact that a teachers licence isnt too far away. I considered the Nottingham qualification but, all things considered including the high cost I am glad that I am ticking a box on my bucket list for 55,000 instead of 190,000. If all roads lead to Rome then......

7. Mr. Chips

Thanks po3try and all. I'm halfway through the seond waiver so I have time. It's next May that I'm shooting for. I believe a deposit for the course should do for the 3rd waiver but who knows. IFUGAO sounds right if just getting along teaching in Gov't schools.
    What is the deposit for that??
    Thanks

8. po3try

po3try Well-Known Member

5k deposit.

9. Mr. Chips

I guess this is the one for me. Thanks again!