1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whisgars

Discussion in 'Wining & Dining in Thailand' started by ramses, 21 Jan 2015.

1. ramses

ramses Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Whisgars is a Whisky/ Cigar bar located on Suk 23. A block past Soi Cowboy, at the rear of a restaurant on the right hand side. It is open from 2:00 pm - 2:00 am daily, and there is a kitchen that is open from 5:30 to 11:30.

The Whiskies are single-malt, generally 8 - 30 year. They have some whiskies that are from now defunct distilleries, making them a bit rare. I did not have a look at the cigar menu, but if the whisky list is any indication then there should be plenty of nice cigars.

My friend and I arrived after a short walk from soi 11. We had cocktails before looking at the menu. I had a Hendricks gin & tonic, after which we opened the whisky menus. The whiskies we had are not on the website, but were really nice. The atmosphere is great, the band (blues) was really good, and the service was impeccable.

Prices are on the steep side with cocktails around 280 baht, and singe malts generally between 280 and 450 (with plenty that cost more). Also you can buy a bottle and prices are in the 5- 10 thb range, again with plenty that cost more.

Not a place to go if you are broke, but otherwise, if you enjoy a nice cigar, whisky or both, it is certainly a nice place to go for a night-cap.

2. Gor Blimey Guvnur!

Gor Blimey Guvnur! What the duck ! Staff Member

Did you spot any 'Springbank' there? Any age is good .... my fave by far :happy1: