1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"You are what you eat" (19th century philosopher)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Clown, 18 Oct 2013.

1. Clown

Clown Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

I'm fat and feel rattled by this article http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/oct/17/obesity-experts-appalled-eu-fructose-health-claim-approval and this lecture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

How are you fighting the bulging wrinkles round the waistline?

2. dave111

dave111 teacher

demonstrating my style "no liquor but drink beer, don't eat fried foods, try more raw vegetables, sweat lots (run, walk, bike, hike, fight, swim.. whatever makes you happy at least 4x a week for 2 hours), enjoy eating with good people who like good food, drink lots of water & bitter tea's, go out of the city 2x a month and breathe a lot, don't eat meat just fish and lots of vegetables (yes gorilla's are vegan and there's more protein in vegetables than the people's brainwashed minds), find a sauna or steamsauna near your place for a nice hot afternoon 2x a month. order some breakfast deals online like quinoa, chia seeds etc.. easy and nice. frozen berries for shakes in between work at tesco for 90 thb. feel relaxed, don't watch tv before sleep but get a book. mix hot & cold showers everyday and keep your mouth clean... don't read too much. try yourself and see how your body reacts" hahahaha

3. Mister T

Mister T Retired, fat and happy

It really is as simple as not eating processed or fried foods, drinking 2 litres of water and a litre of fresh juice. Do enough exercise to make you sweat and raise your heart rate.

4. Rastus

Rastus Well-Known Member

Eat less and exercise often. They both work for me but eating less has the most effect.

I rarely drink sweet, fizzy drinks, I read food lables when they are available and I try to eat fairly healthily most of the time. Gone are the days when I could eat as much of anything as I like and not put on weight. It's now all about conscious choices of what I eat.